Washington, DC -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/07/2014 -- Cycle Technologies today announced that more than three million women and couples around the world have used CycleBeads®.
The CycleBeads family of products are based on the Standard Days Method®, the most effective natural family planning method available. CycleBeads, CycleBeads Online, and iCycleBeads smartphone apps help a woman to track her period, and accurately identify which day’s pregnancy is possible each cycle. The method is designed for women with cycles between 26 and 32 days long, which is the majority of women. CycleBeads products can be used either to prevent pregnancy or to plan a pregnancy. Its family planning tools make natural birth control easy and effective.
CycleBeads was developed by the Institute for Reproductive Health at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and is the only clinically proven calendar-based family planning method. It is over 95% effective at preventing pregnancy. Approximately 75% of its users use it to prevent pregnancy. The remaining 25% are either actively trying to get pregnant or planning to try in the next year.
“I used it as an ovulation calendar,” says Lauren Taylor of Virginia. “It helped me see when ovulation was likely to occur and know exactly which days pregnancy is possible.”
CycleBeads has been used by women in more than 50 countries, with particular emphasis on developing countries, and it has been used by over 100,000 women in the U.S. The original CycleBeads tool, a color-coded string of beads, has been available since 2002. More recently the company has developed smartphone apps for iOS and Android as well as an online service.
To celebrate this milestone, Cycle Technologies has released a documentary-style video featuring interviews of women from the Washington, DC area who have used this family planning method to prevent pregnancies, plan pregnancies, and simply to gain information about their cycles.
“We’re excited to take a moment to reflect on the impact that this family planning tool has had on the lives of so many women,” said Leslie Heyer, President of Cycle Technologies. “We are also grateful to the many individuals and organizations who have worked hard to make sure women have access to this method.”
About Cycle Technologies
Cycle Technologies’ mission is to bring to market products that help people live healthier lives. Cycle Technologies is the manufacturer and distributor of CycleBeads®, CycleBeads® Online, and iCycleBeads™ smartphone apps, patented tools based on the Standard Days Method® of family planning. These products provide women with easy to use information that allows them to plan or prevent pregnancy naturally. As a fertility awareness-based family planning option, CycleBeads educates women about their cycles and helps them manage their fertility without chemicals or hormones. It fulfills a need for a natural family planning method that is easy to use, inexpensive, side effect-free, and highly effective. Women all over the world use these simple tools to help them understand their cycles and easily identify the days when pregnancy is possible.
For more information, please visit http://www.cyclebeads.com.