Naperville, IL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/06/2014 -- Reportstack has announced a new report on C ystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth. Novel treatments with disease-modifying mechanisms of action are the primary factor driving the growth of the value of the market. The positive impact of new market entrants will offset the effects of key patent losses during the forecast period. Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulators (CFTR) modulators are the first type of CF therapy to treat the root cause of the disease rather than the symptoms, and as a result, they offer patients improved relief and quality of life. Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which has been marketed since 2012, was the first CFTR modulator to reach the market, and despite only treating a small proportion of the CF population, it had a large impact on the value of the market. This effect will be repeated on a larger scale when lumacaftor and Ataluren (PTC124) enter the market, as these treatments can be used for a much larger proportion of the CF population. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. are the developers of Kalydeco, lumacaftor and other early phase CFTR modulators, and are therefore expected to play a key role in the development of the future CF market.
- A disease introduction, which defines the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- An analysis of the CF marketed landscape, including a comparison of the efficacy and safety of the most prominent brands, as well as the unmet needs of CF treatment.
- A detailed analysis of the CF pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by phase, molecule type and mechanism of action. The CF clinical trial landscape is then analyzed, with a particular emphasis on failure rates across different trial phases as well as the trends in clinical trial size and duration. This section also includes profiles and single product forecasts for the most promising pipeline drugs.
- An epidemiological forecast of the major CF markets. The projected values include total and treated populations.
- An in-depth forecasting model for the CF market, which considers the current marketed therapies, in addition to the potential entry of new products into the market. The model consists of a projected outcome, with high and low variance results, depending on the potential performance of pipeline therapies.
- Analysis of strategic consolidations within the CF indication, including co-development and licensing agreements.
- An overview of the drivers and barriers for the CF market is also included
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the CF pipeline and the clinical needs it is addressing. In particular, the importance and benefits of CFTR modulators are highlighted and compared with symptomatic treatments.
- Develop their knowledge of key products that may enter the market before 2019. Detailed profiles of these products are provided, with a focus on their clinical trial performance, as well as how they can be incorporated into the CF treatment plan and what competition they face.
- Assess the risk associated with CF clinical trials compared with both industry and therapy area averages. In addition, in order to understand the trends in both trial size and duration according to mechanism of action or molecule type.
- Identify patterns of growth in the CF market over the forecast period and understand the underlying causes, as well as observing the contributions made by each major market to this growth.
For more details and table of contents please visit Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 report.