Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/03/2014 -- Demand for digestive remedies is driven by lifestyle and eating habits of Czech consumers. Many Czechs lead hectic lifestyles when they spend long hours at work, do not have regular and proper lunch breaks and do not follow a balanced diet. As a result of fast-paced lifestyles, many people eat on-the-go or visit fast food outlets and do not devote proper time to breakfast. Moreover, Czech cuisine is heavy as it typically consists of red meat, high caloric sauces and heavy side dishes such as dumplings. Finally, many Czech like to drink alcohol, especially beer.
Digestive remedies was led by Zentiva which accounted for 10% value share in 2012. Zentiva was bought by Sanofi in 2009 and was present in diarrhoeal remedies, indigestion and heartburn remedies (digestive enzymes and proton pump inhibitors) and laxatives in 2012. The company benefits from its longstanding presence in the Czech Republic and its good image as a quality company with affordable pricing. The highest success of the company was in diarrhoeal remedies in which it led with 22% value share in 2012 due to its well-known and well-established brand Endiaron. This brand enjoys strong consumer loyalty and trust as it has a very long presence in the Czech Republic and was the leading brand of digestive remedies with 6% value share in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
It is expected that digestive remedies will display a relatively stable performance with a constant value CAGR of 2% over the forecast period. Sales will be driven by rising demand for digestive remedies as diet-related illnesses will remain relatively common in the country as many Czechs will continue to follow unhealthy eating habits over the forecast period. Moreover, lifestyles of Czech consumers are expected to be increasingly faster with more stress and less leisure time. The fact that Czechs will be increasingly interested in self-medication will support sales of digestive remedies over the next years.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digestive Remedies in Dominican Republic
- Consumer Health in the Czech Republic
- Digestive Remedies in Israel
- Digestive Remedies in the United Kingdom
- Digestive Remedies in Belgium
- Digestive Remedies in Portugal
- Digestive Remedies in South Korea
- Digestive Remedies in Ukraine
- Digestive Remedies in Mexico
- Digestive Remedies in the United Arab Emirates