Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/30/2014 -- Dried processed food is a very important category in Iran and continued to grow steadily, with volume sales increasing by 7% to reach 961,000 tonnes. Rice is very popular and traditionally is a must along with popular stews and Persian Kebabs. In fact, average Iranian households have rice as a main dish at least five times a week which is an indicator of the importance of this item in the Iranian diet. It is estimated that per capita consumption of rice is around 40 kg per head during 2013 which means that total volume should be more than 3,000,000 tonnes. However, Euromonitor International data only reflects 345,000 tonnes which is mainly a result of low penetration of packaged rice compared to loose unpackaged format.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
There are different key suppliers in each subcategory of dried processed food. Golestan Co is the indisputable leader in packaged rice accounting for more than 38% of the retail value as a result of the strong performance of its Golestan and Pardis brands. The company is the first supplier of packaged rice and offers a wide range of products for consumers with different purchasing powers. Its Golestan brand usually consists of domestic rice with higher quality while the Pardis brand is made of imported rice from India which has lower quality but a much more affordable unit price.
Rice, being a staple traditional food in Iran, will be purchased by Iranians regardless of price fluctuations. However, due to the higher price of packaged rice, consumers are expected to turn more towards unpackaged and unbranded bulk rice, which is much cheaper than the packaged, branded variety. Packaged rice is expected to continue to account for the second largest volume sales of dried processed food over the forecast period, following dried pasta. Wider distribution is expected to increase volume and value sales. Despite the fact that rice is expected to see positive volume growth, the highest growth rates are predicted for noodles and dehydrated soup, mainly because of their lower bases.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dried Processed Food industry in Iran with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dried Processed Food industry in Iran, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dried Processed Food in Iran market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dried Processed Food in Iran?
- What are the major brands in Iran?
- Are consumers in emerging markets moving from unpackaged to packaged rice?
- How will the lingering spectre of commodity price volatility impact rice retail prices and sales performance?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dehydrated Soup, Dessert Mixes, Dried Pasta, Dried Ready Meals, Instant Noodles, Instant Soup, Plain Noodles, Rice.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Packaged Food in Slovakia
- Dried Processed Food in South Korea
- Dried Processed Food in Germany
- Dried Processed Food in Vietnam
- Dried Processed Food in Russia
- Dried Processed Food in Italy
- Dried Processed Food in Sweden
- Dried Processed Food in France
- Dried Processed Food in Switzerland
- Dried Processed Food in Romania