Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 10/08/2012 -- Feed additives are pharmaceutical or nutritional substances which are not of natural origin and are added to prepare and store feeds. Feed additives are gaining importance due to various functions such as growth promotion, controlling infectious diseases, and enhancement of feed digestibility. The global feed additives market is growing at a steady pace and the market is expected to grow in the future due to the increasing demand for meat and meat products around the globe. Epidemics like bird flu, other diseases like foot-and mouth-disease, and environmental concerns have led to an increase in concern over animal health round the globe, due to which meat producers have increased their focus on feed quality and certification.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
North America and Asia-Pacific are the top two consumers of feed additives in the world together accounting for more than 60% of the consumption. Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing region in terms of revenue. Growth is particularly high in emerging countries such as China, India, and Brazil due to increasing income levels and rising per capita meat consumption. Poultry market has the largest market share for feed additives followed by pork. The driving factors of the global animal feed additives market are rise in global meat consumption, increasing awareness towards meat quality and safety, increasing mass production of meat, and recent livestock disease outbreaks.
The restraints of the market are raising raw material cost and regulatory structure. However, increasing cost of natural feed products is creating an opportunity for feed additives as a cheap alternative. Leading manufacturers are focused on expansion of the business across regions and setting up new plant for increasing production capacity as well as product line.
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedia, directories, and databases to identify and collect information useful for this extensive commercial study of animal feed additives market. The primary sources - experts from related industries and suppliers have been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information as well as to assess the future prospects of animal feed additives.
To capitalize on the growth trend in the global animal feed additives market, several leading companies are rushing in to the development and manufacturing of animal feed additives. Growing demand for feed additives is forcing the global players to add feed additives to their product offerings. We have also profiled leading players of this industry with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. These include: DSM (The Netherlands), Ajinomoto Co. Inc. (Japan), Evonik (Denmark), Lextron Inc. (U.S.), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), Cargill Inc. (U.S.), and Chr. Hansen A/S (Denmark).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Animal Feed Additives By Types, Livestock, Geography, Regulations, Trends & Forecasts (2009 - 2016)
- Global Yeast Market By Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Global Natural Colors and Flavors Market by Types, Applications and Geography: Forecasts up to 2017
- Seed Treatment Market Trends and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Global Modified Starch Market by Raw Materials, Applications & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Food Preservatives Market - Industry Analysis and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Global Engineering Plastics Market Analysis By Product Types, Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Global Biopesticides Market Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Ophthalmology Drugs And Devices (Diagnostic & Surgical) Market - Current Trends, Global Forecasts & Pipeline Analysis to 2017
- Global Electro-active Polymers Market Trends, Applications & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)