Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/25/2014 -- Westernisation and urbanisation, coupled with an increase in the middle-aged population, were the greatest driving forces behind grocery retailers in Cameroon in 2013. Those aged 15-64-years-old, being the largest age bracket, are also those with the most adapted consumption styles. Consequently, falling inflation, coupled with increasing disposable incomes for many Cameroonians as a result of new jobs and higher salaries, strongly contributed to the growth in retail sales in 2013. In addition, more consumers continued to be economically empowered to purchase grocery items from stores as opposed to only basic food items from open markets and roadside sellers, thereby boosting retail sales in modern channels, including supermarkets and food/drink/tobacco specialists.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Casino and Mahima Supermarkets led grocery retailing sales in 2013. Though it may not have as many outlets as its main competitor Mahima, Casino is stocked with all kinds of rare varieties and is where high class and expatriate communities shop in Cameroon. Furthermore, it is the supermarket which is mostly stocked with private label goods. These goods are positioned as premium quality and hence gain the patronage of the rich. They provide great competition to Mahima.
Customers are expected to be more accustomed to retail outlets and shops as their needs increase in view of a westernised culture. Westernisation of consumer taste, coupled with a growing population and a rising middle class and working class, is going to be the most important driving force for grocery retailers over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Grocery Retailers industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Grocery Retailers industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Grocery Retailers in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is grocery retailing performing in Cameroon?
- Are consumers switching towards more convenient grocery channels?
- Are independent and family run grocery stores coming under pressure in Cameroon?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Grocery Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in Germany
- Retailing in Poland
- Grocery Retailers in Brazil
- Retailing in Mexico
- Retailing in China
- Retailing in Indonesia
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Colombia