Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/07/2014 -- Late 2013 saw Ghana mark the 10th anniversary of the creation of its national health insurance scheme (NHIS). While there are considerable variations in the claims made as to the number of people covered by the scheme (with government and non-government figures at either ends of the scale), there is no doubt that the scheme has had a degree of success. Not-for-profit Oxfam estimated in late 2013 that around 36% of the population has healthcare cover, thanks to the NHIS, but out of pocket payments for the rest (and invariably, poorer) segment of the population remain commonplace. Ghana is well placed in the continent to act as a regional drug production point, but in order to strengthen its reputation, it must first crack down on counterfeit and substandard drugs. A batch of allegedly substandard anti-malarial drugs from Indian manufacturer Bliss GVS Pharma is a particularly prominent recent example of this. Ghana's pharmaceutical and healthcare market has strong growth prospects, and over the course of our 10-year forecast period, we expect that non-communicable disease will place an increasing burden on the healthcare system.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Qatar Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Serbia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014