Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/21/2014 -- In-Vitro Toxicology/ Toxicity Testing Market by Industry (Diagnostic, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Chemical), Technology (Cell Culture, HTS, Omics), Applications (Systemic, Dermal, Ocular), Method (Cellular Assay, Ex vivo, In Silico) - Global Forecast to 2018
Attributed to the support offered by the European government, the in vitro toxicology testing market in Europe was the largest in 2013 and is expected to hold the same stance by 2018
There has been a substantial rise in the costs to develop a new pharmaceutical product in recent years. This is specially observed when a new compound enters animal testing and clinical trials. The use of animals in experimentation is becoming dearer, primarily due to the costs involved in breeding and acquisition of animals, due to the complexity of procedures involved in the in vivo testing, and several other ethical issues including concerns for animal welfare. Moreover the rates of drug attrition have also risen in recent years due to lesser availability of data on the toxicity profiles of the candidates that are under development process. To counteract these issues there has been a rise in the development of in vitro methods that are alternative to animal testing. A paradigm shift is observed towards emerging technologies such as assays based on human cells or non-mammalian models, high throughput testing, omics approaches, ex vivo models, and in silico techniques.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Pharmaceutical industry was the largest segment in the in vitro toxicology testing market which is expected to hold the leading position in the coming five years. This is largely attributed to the widely recognized factors of evaluation of the toxicity levels in the early stages of development that necessitates the use of in vitro methods to improve the drug toxicity profiles. On the other hand, cosmetic industry will be the fastest growing industry in the coming years as a result of the huge government support in Europe to ban the use of animals for testing the toxic effects of beauty products. The European government has also forbidden the marketing of those cosmetics product which were tested on animals.
For better interpretation of in vitro results cell culture technology involving cell based assays has emerged as a momentous technology that has been driving the in vitro toxicology testing market. With the advancement in the cell culture technology a number of cell models are emerging that provide insights into the biochemical and signaling process that better interprets the in vitro data. With the increasing demand of emergent 3D models the cell culture technology is estimated to be the fastest growing technology in the next five years.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Immunoassay Market [Technology (Enzyme, Fluorescent, Chemiluminescence, Radioimmunoassay), Analyzers & Reagents, Applications (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Endocrinology, Cardiology), End Users (Hospitals, Laboratory, Academics)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- High Throughput Screening (HTS) Market - Forecast to 2018
- Mass Spectrometry Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Chromatography Instrumentation Market by Systems [LC (HPLC, UHPLC, FLASH), GC, TLC, SFC, Others (Autosamplers, Detectors, Fraction collectors)], by Consumables (Reverse phase columns, Syringe filters, Vials) & Industry - Global Forecast to 2018
- Pharmaceutical Membrane Filtration Market - Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Food Safety Testing Market - Global Trends Forecast to 2018
- Microfluidics Market By Materials (Polymers, Silicon, Glass), Pharmaceuticals (Microreactors, Toxicity Screening, Lab on Chip, Proteomic & Genomic Analysis) Drug Delivery Devices (Microneedles, Micropumps), IVD (POC) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- North American Food Safety Testing Market by Contaminants (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Types (Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food) & Geography -Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Communications Test and Measurement Market [Solutions (Wireless, Wireline), Type of Test (Enterprise, Field Network, Lab And Manufacturing, Network Assurance), Services; End Users] - Global Advancements, Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Market [(On Premise, Cloud IAM), By Components (Provisioning, Directories, SSO, Advanced Authentication, Password Management, Audit, Compliance & Governance)] - Global Advancements, Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)