Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/31/2012 -- Coming off the end of a large patent cliff, the schizophrenia market is estimated to be worth $5.2bn in the seven major markets in 2012 (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). Ongoing US price increases and atypical antipsychotic depots will stabilize the market in the medium term, while the fate of novel oral drugs will govern the future direction of the schizophrenia market.
- Access Datamonitor's patient-based schizophrenia market forecast in the seven major markets, with transparent methodology and clear assumptions.
- Evaluate a highly granular forecast with sales value and volume projections to 2021 at the country, class, product, and line of therapy levels.
- Understand schizophrenia market dynamics and which factors will lead to commercial success.
- Review the products that Datamonitor forecasts to launch over the next 10 years, and how each subsequent launch will shape the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In the aftermath of recent patent expiries, the oral antipsychotic market with remain flat over 2012-15. However, expansion of the antipsychotic depot class will help the overall schizophrenia market to return to growth, with ongoing uptake of Invega Sustenna and the expected launches of Abilify depot, ALKS 7090, and Fanapt depot.
Abilify is the current highest-selling schizophrenia drug, but with Bristol-Myers Squibb and Otsuka due to lose exclusivity for Abilify from Q4 2014, the Abilify depot will assume the position of market leader. As well as competing with established antipsychotic depots, Abilify depot will benefit from Otsuka's strong Abilify prescriber base.
RG1678 will emerge as the most successful of the late-stage oral pipeline. Whereas the majority of its competitors are relatively undifferentiated from currently available products, RG1678 is unique in that it is first-in-class and will have a well-defined therapeutic role, bypassing competition with the fiercely competitive atypical class.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How has the schizophrenia market been affected by the influx of generic atypicals?
- What will the overall schizophrenia market dynamics be over the next 10 years?
- How will sales of the major drug classes in schizophrenia evolve during the forecast period?
- What degree of commercial success does Datamonitor forecast for key pipeline drugs?
- Which of the seven major markets provides the greatest opportunity for growth?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- CerboMed GmbH - Product Pipeline Analysis
- Central Nervous System Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Multiple Sclerosis, Major Depressive Disorder and Schizophrenia Accounted for Half the Market Value in 2010
- Antipsychotics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries for Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel and Geodon and the Launch of Generic Versions Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Pipeline Molecules
- Market and Product Forecasts: HER2-Negative/Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer - Patent expiries and novel drugs shape the market in the next decade
- Seroquel (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Neurodegenerative Disease Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries of High Selling Drugs Such as Aricept, Namenda, Avonex, Rebif and Copaxone will Restrain Growth
- RG1678 (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- SANUWAVE Health, Inc. (SNWV) - Product Pipeline Analysis
- Respiratory Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Novel Pipeline Molecules such as VX-770 and pirfenidone May Offset Negative Effect of Patent Expiries
- Invega (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020