Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/23/2014 -- Value sales of baked goods are expected to increase by 5% in current terms in 2013, a slight decrease on the previous year's growth. While the category of baked goods in Taiwan is maturing, it is also progressing towards more healthy and sophisticated products. Moreover, domestic consumption of baked goods continued to expand, in part due to the growing number of outlets offering fresher and healthier options. Previously, consumers bought bread and other goods at traditional bakeries, but their expansion into convenience stores has given consumers a large channel from which to purchase. Consumers will often choose baked goods at these outlets, as bread is quickly becoming a typical part of meals for the Taiwanese.
Unpackaged/artisanal products are expected to continue to make up a large majority of baked goods sales in 2013, accounting for an expected 65% value share. These have traditionally been the primary outlet for fresh baked goods and the popularity of the industry helped to expand both chained and private bakeries over the review period. These channels continue to develop healthier and more-creative baked goods and benefit from higher unit prices. Moreover, consumers overwhelmingly prefer artisanal cakes and pastries due to their freshness.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Value sales of baked goods are expected to increase at a constant CAGR of 1% over the forecast period. The growth rate of baked goods in Taiwan is expected to slow down because of the increasing maturity of the category and the availability of alternatives. Therefore, growth rates are expected to be lower over the forecast period; however, the potential forecast period opportunities for growth, such as product innovations and promotions, will help to stimulate short-term demand.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baked Goods industry in Taiwan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baked Goods industry in Taiwan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baked Goods in Taiwan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baked Goods in Taiwan?
- What are the major brands in Taiwan?
- How will increasingly volatile wheat commodity prices impact retail prices and sales performance?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- Are consumers in developing markets moving from unpackaged/artisanal to packaged/industrial offerings?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Bulgaria to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Italy to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Venezuela to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in China to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Philippines to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in the United States to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Portugal to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Israel to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Turkey to 2017