Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/08/2014 -- IR Detector Market by Technology (MCT, InGaAs, Pyroelectric, Thermopyle, Microbolometer), Application (People & Motion Sensing, Temperature Measurement, Fire & Gas Detection, Spectroscopy), Spectral Range (S/M/LWIR) & by Geography - Global Forecast to 2013 - 2020
The IR detector technologies enable the systems that help to interact with the outer world without touching it. It mainly detects the radiations from the objects around it. This report gives a detailed analysis of these detection technologies, and their broad existing and emerging markets. The overall market for the IR detectors has been broadly classified into four major segments; namely by technology, by applications, by spectral range, and by geography.
The technologies covered include MCT, InGaAs, Thermopyle, Pyroelectric, and Microbolometers. The spectral ranges covered are ShortWave Infrared (SWIR), Mid Wave Infrared (MWIR), and Long Wave Infrared (LWIR).
LWIR detector market is the largest and the fastest growing market for IR detectors, mainly, due to its low price and wide application range. Thermopyle, Pyroelectric, and Microbolometers technologies are the most popular for this spectral range. MCT and InGaAs are expensive technologies, which are more popular in military applications. With the new product developments and advancement of these technologies, they are finding applications in a wider range of products such as bio medical imaging and spectroscopy.
The IR detectors have key applications in people and motion sensing, temperature measurement, fire and gas detection, spectroscopy, bio medical imaging, smart homes. Out of these, the people and motion sensing is the most popular application. Higher demand for security at commercial places like airports, hotels, hospitals, and offices is expected to drive this application market. The demand from consumer electronics applications like smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets is also expected to push the sales of IR detectors in the coming years.
The major challenges faced by the IR detector market are government regulations and the high cost of technologies like MCT and InGaAs. The geographical areas covered in the report on the IR detector market are the Americas, Europe, APAC, and ROW. APAC region has the largest market share in the overall IR detector market, followed by the Americas. Japan and the U.S. are the leading countries in this market as some of the largest manufacturers of IR detectors are located there.
Major players in the IR detector market are Excelitas (U.S), Nicera (Japan), Murata Manufacturing (Japan), Hamamatsu (Japan), Flir (U.S.), Ulis (France), Raython (U.S.), Melexis (Belgium), Texas Instruments (U.S.), and Omron (Japan).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digital Signage Market - Forecast to 2014 - 2020
- Smart / Intelligent Sensor Market - Forecasts & Analysis to 2013 - 2020
- Sapphire Technology Market - Analysis & Forecast to 2013 - 2020
- Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market (2013 - 2018)
- Silicon Photonics Market by Products (Silicon Optical Interconnects & Wavelength Division Multiplexer Filters & Others), Applications (Telecommunication, Datacom, High Performance Computing & Others) & Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2020)
- Display Materials Market - Global Forecast to 2013 - 2020
- Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2020)
- Smart Homes Market - Analysis & Global Forecast (2013 - 2020)
- Energy Security Market by Power Plants (Nuclear, Thermal And Hydro, Oil And Gas And Renewable Energy), By Technologies (Physical, Network Security), Professional Services - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- North America Orthobiologics Market Outlook to 2020