Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/09/2014 -- Photovoltaic Generator Market in India 2014 states that the renewable energy sector is gaining prominence in India. With the country facing a continuous shortfall in the supply of conventional sources required to meet the increasing demand for energy in recent years, the focus is gradually shifting from conventional to renewable sources of energy. In order to reduce the current demand-supply gap for electricity within the country, the renewable energy sector has to be given high importance. With several solar PV projects coming up under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM), the demand for PV cells and modules is expected to increase significantly. Moreover, the capital costs involved in setting up solar PV projects in India, along with the feasible geographical location of the country that enables it to receive around 3,000 hours of sunshine each year, makes solar PV a highly viable option for electricity generation. The domestic solar PV industry has also attracted significant investments over the past few years. These factors will ensure that the market continues to exhibit steady future growth.
The Government of India is actively involved in the development of the renewable energy sector. Through its various programs, it has directly and indirectly benefitted the solar PV industry. The market is characterized by high competition among players. Although the import of low cost products from China has had a negative impact on the business of organized players, the market continues to exhibit steady growth which is expected to benefit the industry as a whole.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Public Companies, 1. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., 2. Indosolar Ltd., 3. Moser-Baer India Ltd., 4. Websol Energy System Ltd., 5. XL Energy Ltd., , Private Companies, 1. Central Electronics Ltd., 2. Lanco Solar Pvt. Ltd., 3. Photon Energy Systems Ltd., 4. Reliance Solar Pvt. Ltd., 5. Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd., 6. Titan Energy Systems Ltd., 7. USL Photovoltaics Pvt. Ltd., 8. Vikram Solar Pvt. Ltd., 9. Azure Power India Pvt. Ltd., 10. Maharishi Solar Technology Pvt. Ltd.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Power Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Power Industry
- Global Power Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Power Industry
- Global Oil and Gas Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Oil and Gas Industry
- U.S. Department of Energy - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Power Backup Market in India 2014
- Global Oil and Gas Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Oil and Gas Industry
- Lundin Petroleum AB (LUPE) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Enel Green Power S.p.A. (EGPW) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global Business Survey: MandA Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2013-2014
- Global Solar Photovoltaic Backsheet, Update 2014 - Market Size, Average Price, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020