Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 12/20/2012 -- This report "Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Systems Market, By Application (Municipal & Industrial), Type (Hollow Fiber, Flat Sheet & Multi Tubular) & Configuration (Submerged & Sidestream) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017" analyses the Membrane bioreactor (MBR) market by geography, applications, configurations, and types of MBR. By geography, the report is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World. The MBR type segment included in this report is based on design of the membrane, i.e. hollow fiber, flat sheet, and multi tubular. The end-users of this technology are spread across various industries - food & beverage, pharmaceutical, textile, oil field, chemical, automotive, landfill leachate, steel, and electronics. The application segment has thus focused on 2 major sectors: industrial and municipal.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report estimates the market size of the global MBR market in terms of value, while the geography segment covers both the value as well as volumes of the market. It discusses market drivers, restraints and opportunity, and price trends. It also includes patent analysis. The value chain analysis, cost analysis, and the Porter's analysis gives further insight into the impact factors in the industry sector. The report tracks the recent activities of market players in terms of product launches, expansion plans, supply contracts, and partnerships and collaborations. In addition, the top 22 players of the MBR market have been profiled in this report, and based on the study of these competitors a winning imperative has been sketched.
The MBR market report covers its usage across regions. The market is analyzed in terms of volume (thousand cubic meter/day) consumed in each region. The stringent environmental regulations, the scarcity of available water combined with the economy of space and ease of automation that MBRs provide are driving the growth in its demand, usage, and range of applications. Costs associated with its manufacturing are dependent heavily on the membrane and its design, the biogas, and chemical consumption during operation. These high capital costs, coupled with the need for trained workers to operate the sophisticated system hinder the growth in the market. The rising demand in developing regions, however, can counter such restraints.
The global MBR operation is expected to grow from 3,879 thousand cubic meters/day in 2011 to 12,344 thousand cubic meters/day by 2017, at an estimated CAGR of 20.8% for the period 2012 to 2017. As of year 2011, Asia-Pacific leads MBR market with a share of 41.2% in terms of value, followed by Europe and North America. Countries in this region such as China and Japan use membrane bioreactors extensively for water reuse purpose in municipal application. The APAC region is expected to continue its dominance on the global MBR demands.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Agricultural Films Market By Applications [Greenhouse, Silage, Mulch] & Polymers [Low Density Polyethylene, Linear Low Density Polyethylene, High Density Polyethylene, EVA/EBA, Reclaim] Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Global Engineering Plastics Market Analysis By Product Types, Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Surfactants Market By Product Types [Anionic, Non-Ionic, Cationic, Amphoteric], Substrates [Synthetic/Petrochemical, Bio-Based/ Natural/Green], Geography & Applications - Global Industry Trends And Forecasts To 2017
- Global Electro-active Polymers Market Trends, Applications & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Global Fluoropolymers Market Analysis by Product Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Global Biopesticides Market Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) Market in Asia Pacific to 2017 - Increasing Penetration in China and India Coupled with Low Cost Manufacturing to Fuel Regional Growth
- Aerogel Market by Form and Application - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2017
- Global Adhesives & Sealants Market by Type, Applications, Trends, & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)