Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/23/2014 -- Mixed retailers' sales increased in current value terms in 2013 as both department and variety stores performed well. Trends within department stores are largely influenced by the expanding Trafic outlets. The brand is proposing a refund and a EUR10.00 voucher if consumers can prove to have found a cheaper product within a 15km range. Galeria Inno, on the other hand, saw its value decrease in 2013, mainly suffering from competition from other categories.
Blokker Nederland and Metro Group remained the leading players in a relatively concentrated competitive landscape at the end of the review period. Blokker Nederland remained the leading player with a 23% value share in 2013, slightly down on the previous year. Its household division saw a decline from the middle of the review period due to a lack of effort in its commercial initiatives to outpace the decline in consumer confidence. Also. Blokker and Casa were affected by cannibalization of other channels, such as the success of IKEA.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Mixed retailers' value is expected to increase over the forecast period. Despite saturation in terms of selling space, the category should benefit from some outlet openings. The fact that some chains, such as Traffic, progressed in 2013, and that Hema plans to open new outlets, is promising. However, the main threat concerning mixed retailers will be cannibalisation by Internet retailing. For example, most of the brands sold by Galeria Inno - such as Hugo Boss - are launching their own online stores. In addition, some variety stores, such as CASA are expected to decline significantly. Tough competition from furniture and furnishing stores, notably IKEA, and its capacity to extend its product portfolio, will affect variety stores. Both department stores and variety stores are expected to register equal performances within mixed retailers over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mixed Retailers industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mixed Retailers in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Mixed Retailers channel in Belgium?
- Who are the leading retailers in Belgium?
- How are mixed retailers competing against the growth of grocery retailers?
- Are consumers switching towards value retailers or moving upmarket?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mixed Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Mixed Retailers in Switzerland
- Mixed Retailers in the US
- Mixed Retailers in South Africa
- Mixed Retailers in Peru
- Retailing in New Zealand
- Retailing in Austria
- Retailing in Mexico
- Retailing in the US