Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- Nappies/diapers/pants was worth A$518 million in 2013, growing by 1% in current value terms. The major category is premium nappies, valued at A$430 million and holding a 77% share of the nappies category. Kimberly-Clark Australia Pty Ltd held a 71% retail value share in 2013 and maintained its leading position with the help of its unique innovative 3D UltraAbsorb technology that got approval from seven out of 10 consumers, according to the company's own research.
Kimberly-Clark Australia Pty Ltd with its brand Huggies, and Unicharm with BabyLove lead with a 71% and 14% value share respectively. Unicharm lost one percentage point in 2013 due to increasing competition from private label and the strengthening of the Huggies brand. Huggies continues to be the first choice Australian consumers despite its high price. Supermarkets are intensively promoting the Huggies brand with different discount options.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The birth rate is forecast to grow to 13,830 per annum over next five years. This numbers is explained by the Australian baby boom in the late 1970s/early 1980s. Women gave birth to their first babies in their early 30s, which led to an increasing number of newborns in the last 10 years. The number of children in Australian families is gradually declining, but still remains over 1.5. Within the next five years, women who gave birth to their first child in 2010-2013 may consider having another child. After 2014, slow positive value growth is expected in all three nappy categories, while disposable pants will continue to decline over the forecast period due to the growth of nappy pants.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hotels in the Netherlands to 2017: Market Databook
- Hotels in Russia to 2017: Market Databook
- Hotels in Germany to 2017: Market Databook
- Hotels in the US to 2017: Market Databook
- Global Nutraceuticals Market Analysis till 2017 - Emerging Markets in Asia-Pacific and Latin America to Drive Growth
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Colorectal Cancer to 2019 - Favorable Pricing Policy in the US and Rising Prevalence in Europe and Japan Ensures Market Growth
- Consumer Foodservice in Bulgaria
- Consumer Foodservice in Romania
- Vitamin and Provitamin Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts