Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/04/2014 -- The written premium of the US reinsurance segment increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% during the review period (2008-2012). This growth was partially due to positive growth in the personal accident and health segment during the review period. The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 83.9% of total reinsurance written premiums in 2012, with facultative reinsurance accounting for the remaining 16.1%. Economic improvements and projected positive growth in the insurance industry are expected to drive the reinsurance segment over the forecast period. Government increases in rates for flood insurance provide opportunities for private insurers and reinsurers, which will also support growth over the forecast period (2012-2017). The treaty reinsurance category is expected to continue to account for the largest share with 82.1% of the total reinsurance written premium in 2017, while facultative reinsurance is expected to increase its share in the overall reinsurance segment to 17.9%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The US reinsurance segment grew at a CAGR of 1.7% during the review period
- In 2012, the treaty reinsurance category accounted for 83.9% of the total US reinsurance segment, with the remaining 16.1% contributed by facultative reinsurance. The share of the facultative category is expected to reach 17.9% by 2017
- During the review period, US life insurers incurred losses due to declines in investment returns and unfavorable business and economic conditions
- The segment is highly competitive and mature, with some of the world's leading reinsurers present
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the US:
- It provides historical values for the US's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the US's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in the US and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the US reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the US reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: The Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group, Lloyd's, Swiss Reinsurance America Corporation, QBE Reinsurance Corporation, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017