Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/25/2013 -- Overall online retail growth peaked back in 2008. The growth rates of over 30% achieved back then are unlikely ever to return as the market has matured; most retailers now have an online transactional presence; and the vast majority of consumers have access to broadband internet. Still, some sectors will gain by double-digit percentage rates for the next few years.
- Understand which sectors of online retail will perform the best and offer the most opportunities, using our expenditure forecasts to 2017
- Understand the full potential of mobile devices with our forecasts of the m-commerce market
- Discover our comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the online sector over the next five years
- Identify the market growth drivers and inhibitors and implement our strategies to improve sales growth potential
Online growth is still rapid pace and some sectors - Clothing & Footwear, Food & Grocery and Furniture & Floorcoverings - will gain by double-digit percentage rates for the next few years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In 2017 the online retail market will be worth almost GBP50bn, and one pound in every seven spent on retail will be through the online channel. Electricals and Food & Grocery will be the largest online sectors, closely followed by Clothing & Footwear.
Over the next five years the online sector can be split into two sub sectors - home-related sales, which will accelerate or maintain steady growth rates, and non-home-related sales where growth rates will decelerate over the forecast period.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the e-retail market size and how will it develop over the next five years? What proportion of retail is done online?
- How much are retailers benefiting from the mobile revolution? What proportion of online sales are being done on mobile devices?
- Which retail sectors are growing fastest through the online and mobile channels?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Business Travelers' Online Shopping Habits, 2012-2013
- Online Shopping Habits of Business Executives in Asia-Pacific, 2012-2013
- Online Shopping Habits of Business Executives in Europe, 2012-2013
- Online Shopping Habits of Business Executives in North America, 2012-2013
- Consumer Attitudes & Online Retail Dynamics in China
- Consumer Attitudes & Online Retail Dynamics in Australia
- Consumer Attitudes & Online Retail Dynamics in Italy
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Australia
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in the UK
- Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Brazil