Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- In 2013 the population of senior citizens (65 years and over) grew by nearly 3%, whilst disposable incomes remained high in Switzerland. The quest for health and youth continued, with a population willing to invest in health and beauty products. Health and beauty retailers is an important channel in non-grocery retailing, accounting for 19% of total non-grocery sales in value terms. The value growth of the channel in 2013 in Switzerland was in line with the growth measured over the review period. In 2013, 63% of all revenues in health and beauty specialist retailers were generated by chemists/pharmacies, whilst optical goods stores accounted for 17%. The third channel in terms of importance was parapharmacies/drugstores, with a 10% share of sales.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Galenica Holding was the largest company in health and beauty specialist retailers in Switzerland in 2013, with a value share of 15%. The company operates two popular pharmacy chains, Amavita and Sun Store. Its lead is quite firm at the top, considering that the second largest player in this channel, Coop Genossenschaft, only held a 4% value share in 2013, through Coop Vitality pharmacies, which is a joint-venture with Galenica, and two beauty specialist retailers, The Body Shop and Import Parfumerie. Health and beauty specialist retailers is quite a fragmented channel in Switzerland, still with quite a large proportion of independent players.
Health and beauty specialist retailers is expected to grow steadily in the forecast period 2013-2018. Reasonable value growth generated by optical goods stores and chemists/pharmacies is expected to be hampered by the slowdown in the performance of parapharmacies/drugstores.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Switzerland?
- Who are the leading retailers in Switzerland?
- How is consumers' desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists' product mixes being adapted to consumers' changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Poland
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Turkey
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in South Africa
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Austria
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Denmark
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the US
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom