Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- Mixed retailers registered healthy growth in value sales in 2013. An important driver of this growth was the increase in the number of department store outlets in particular. Investment in the expansion of the number of outlets by Hema was a major driver of growth, as this company contributed most to the increase in outlet number, selling space and therefore value sales. Although the new Hema outlets are generally smaller stores, as they cater to either smaller communities or consumers who are on the go, the expansion of Hema was a major reason for the growth of mixed retailers in 2013.
Blokker BV led overall sales in the category and sales in the variety stores channel in 2013 with a 69% value share. Blokker lost some share in 2013 due to the slight decline of Marskramer. Xenos, and the relatively new retail brand Big Bazar, achieved better results, mainly due to the increasing number of outlets and because they are well positioned to deal with the difficult economic circumstances.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The mixed retailers channel is expected to see an anaemic performance over the forecast period. The decline in value sales expected for department stores is the main issue as variety stores are predicted to register growth in value sales over the forecast period. For department stores the economic situation and the resulting lack of consumer confidence will continue to be a major obstacles for recovery. However, for the long-term the increased competition from online players might be the largest issue.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mixed Retailers industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mixed Retailers in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Mixed Retailers channel in Netherlands?
- Who are the leading retailers in Netherlands?
- How are mixed retailers competing against the growth of grocery retailers?
- Are consumers switching towards value retailers or moving upmarket?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mixed Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Mixed Retailers in Switzerland
- Mixed Retailers in the US
- Mixed Retailers in South Africa
- Mixed Retailers in Peru
- Retailing in New Zealand
- Retailing in Austria
- Retailing in Mexico
- Retailing in the US