Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/23/2014 -- The Indonesian reinsurance segment posted a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% during the review period (2009-2013), as a result of robust growth in the overall insurance industry, strong economic development, and the frequent occurrence of natural disasters which forced insurers to share larger proportions of risk with reinsurance companies. The reinsurance segment's written premium value increased, due to an increase in overall written premium in the insurance industry at a review-period CAGR of 24.1%. These factors are expected to continue to generate business for Indonesian reinsurers over the forecast period. The reinsurance segment's written premium value is subsequently projected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 10.0% .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The insurance industry's robust review-period growth and the frequent occurrence of natural disasters, which forced insurers to share larger proportions of risk, drove growth in the Indonesian reinsurance segment during the review period at a CAGR of 8.8%.
- The Indonesian reinsurance segment comprises four domestic reinsurers which cover life, non-life, personal accident and health and Sharia-compliant reinsurance.
- Mandatory treaty reinsurance led the reinsurance segment in 2013, representing 88.8% of written premium, while facultative reinsurance accounted for 11.2%.
- The Indonesian reinsurance segment is highly concentrated and dominated by domestic reinsurers.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Indonesia:
- It provides historical values for Indonesia's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Indonesia's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Indonesia and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Indonesian reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Indonesian reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Indonesian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: PT Reasuransi International Indonesia, PT Reasuransi Nasional Indonesia, PT Maskapai Reasuransi Indonesia, PT Tugu Reasuransi Indonesia
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- The Insurance Industry in Burkina Faso, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Insurance Industry in Chad, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- The Insurance Industry in Azerbaijan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- The Insurance Industry in Senegal, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Togo, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Armenia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- The Insurance Industry in the Central African Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018