Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 12/25/2013 -- The UAE is expected to continue to see strong growth in 2014, across all of its freight modes. The country is rapidly developing one of the world's top logistics markets through investments in ports, airports, rail and free trade zones. These are utilised by the country's air freight and logistics companies, which are becoming a familiar presence throughout the world, serving the globe from their UAE hubs.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.4% and to average 4.5% per annum to 2018.
- 2014 air freight tonnes through Dubai International Airport forecast to grow by 7.1% and to average 6.0% to 2018.
- The UAE's total trade real growth in 2013 forecast to be 6.9% and to average 5.3% over the medium term to 2017.
Key Industry Trends
SkyCargo Move To Boost Al-Maktoum Handling: BMI believes that the UAE air freight sector, and in particular that of Dubai, is set to continue upon its impressive growth trajectory over the coming years as it continues to invest in new facilities and its domestic carrier, Emirates SkyCargo. The carrier's new terminal at the Al-Maktoum International Airport at the Dubai World Central DWC 'aerotropolis', which houses logistics warehousing also, is set to be completed this year, offering upside potential to the country's air freight volume growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Etihad Rail Deals Increase As Firms Seek Exposure To UAE Network: Etihad Rail's memorandum of understanding (MoU) with National Air Cargo is part of a broader trend we are witnessing of companies looking to gain access to the UAE's developing rail sector. Etihad Rail has signed 11 MoUs over the past year with a range of companies that wish to utilise the UAE's newest freight option, rail.
GEFCO Deal Gives Hyundai Options: Hyundai Motor has reached a deal with logistics provider GEFCO, to handle the carmaker's transportation and distribution operations in Dubai for 12,000 cars a year. While the deal will give Hyundai a solid re-export hub for the region, BMI believes one of the most significant features of the deal is a new route to Iraq, where the company's sales have been curtailed by the war in Syria, which has cut off its main trade route.
Key Risks To Outlook
Key risks to our outlook for the UAE's freight sector come from the continued sovereign debt crisis in the eurozone, a major trade partner, and the continued political unrest in the Middle East, though we do not believe significant disturbance will take place in the UAE.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Business Forecast Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Oil Markets, 2012
- United Arab Emirates Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Cardiovascular Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Diagnostic Imaging Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Dental Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Orthopedic Devices Market Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates In Vitro Diagnostics Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018