Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/19/2014 -- Despite enjoying a relatively stronger recovery than several other eurozone member states, the Belgian economy is nonetheless vulnerable to the lingering crisis in the single-currency area.
A particular concern is the national debt which, at close to 100% of GDP, leaves Belgium exposed to a deterioration in risk sentiment and slowdown in economic growth.
Although the formation of a new government ended 18 months of political paralysis, the six-party coalition could yet struggle to overcome ideological differences in order to tackle much-needed fiscal and economic reforms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Major Forecast Changes
We have revised down our 2015 real GDP growth forecast to 1.6% from 1.9% previously.
Key Risks To Outlook
There are significant downside risks to our economic growth forecasts, particularly those stemming from the impact of fiscal consolidation and the eurozone sovereign debt crisis.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oman and Yemen Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Kuwait Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Canada Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Chile Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Hong Kong Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Croatia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Japan Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Botswana Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Business Forecast Report Q2 2014