Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/25/2014 -- Although autograft is still perceived as the gold-standard material in bone grafting, the wide array of alternatives available in the market has resulted in a gradual shift towards increased adoption of bone grafts and substitutes (BGS), especially in the US and European markets. In contrast to the general picture in developed countries, autograft bone still represents the most popular option during bone grafting in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and South America.
Due to the economic uncertainty and severe budgetary restrictions in the Eurozone, most 5EU countries have put in place measures to prevent excessive healthcare budget deficits and ration high-volume surgeries, such as joint reconstruction. As the market continues to recover from the economic turmoil, expanding patient population for orthopedic surgical treatments and the steady domestic supply of orthopedic devices in the European countries will all contribute to a steady increase in the bone grafting procedure volume in the next decade.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- An overview of BGS, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized EU BGS market revenue and future forecasts from 2010 to 2012, forecast for 7 years to 2019.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for BGS.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the BGS sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL).
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the trends shaping and driving EU BGS Market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in EU BGS market through 2019.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Alphatec Spine, Bacterin, Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Exactech, Globus Medical, Integra LifeSciences, Medtronic, NuVasive, Olympus Biotech, Orthofix, RTI Surgical, Stryker, Wright Medical, Zimmer Holdings
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Trauma Fixation - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Drug-Eluting Balloons - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Breast Cancer Imaging - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts