Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- Grocery retailers in the Philippines continued to be increasingly dynamic in 2013. This was driven by the rapid expansion strategies of many modern grocery retailers, such as the dynamic rising giant Puregold Price Club. This player is considered one of the strongest forces in grocery retailers in the country.
Up to 2013, the giant player SM Retail retained its lead thanks to having the widest network coverage, both in urban and rural areas in the Philippines. SM has since become synonymous with supermarkets throughout the country, and its popularity remains relatively unchallenged, except in some locations where local players are more popular due to their lower prices. However, these smaller players typically remain limited to their locality, posing no serious threat to SM's nationwide sales.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Thanks to a continued increase in the activities among grocery retailers, the improvement in the category's dynamics is likely to continue over the forecast period. This will largely be linked with the positive prospects for economic growth, likely to be as aggressive up to 2016, which is the next election year, with the following two years also likely to be positive, providing election results go well.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Grocery Retailers industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Grocery Retailers industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Grocery Retailers in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is grocery retailing performing in Philippines?
- Are consumers switching towards more convenient grocery channels?
- Are independent and family run grocery stores coming under pressure in Philippines?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Grocery Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in Germany
- Retailing in Poland
- Grocery Retailers in Brazil
- Retailing in Mexico
- Retailing in China
- Retailing in Indonesia
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Colombia