Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/28/2014 -- Following a year in which BMI believes saw increasing freight volumes in Romania, 2014 will signal further growth across the whole freight transport sector in line with the country's macroeconomic outlook.
Total trade is projected to pick up with our Country Risk desk forecasting a y-o-y increase of 4.75% in 2014 following an estimated growth of 4.90% in 2013.
Road freight is to continue to dominate the sector and is projected to grow by 3% in 2014. The mode did not manage to defy the downturn but so far appears to have defied European Union (EU) pledges of a decrease in road haulage across the region, that is not to say, however, that road freight's market share is safe.
BMI notes that rail is the likeliest candidate in Romania's freight transport mix to benefit from any diversification away from road, although currently is expected to grow at a slower pace. In the longer term the mode might benefit from the privatisation of Romania's national rail freight company CFR Marfa, which, however, is unlikely to happen until at least 2015.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Air freight tonnage is expected to grow by 9.0%
- 2014 Rail freight is forecast to grow by 1.8%
- 2014 Port of Constantza throughput is forecast to grow by 7.6%
- 2014 Road freight is forecast to grow by 3.1%
- 2014 Inland waterway freight is forecast to grow by 1.6%
- 2014 Total real trade growth is forecast at 4.8%.
Key Industry Trends
Constantza Master Plan Contract Awarded: Romanian port authority The National Company Maritime Ports Administration SA Constantza awarded 'the contract for elaboration of Constantza Port Master Plan' and signed the 12 months long RON4.05mn contract with the consortium between Ernst & Young SRL and Inros Lackner AG.
Romania Officially Joins Viking Rail Project : Romania has officially joined the Viking railway project in May 2014, with CFR Marfa becoming the sixth partner after the project's participants signed the protocol of accession at the meeting in Bulgaria's...
The Romania Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Romania Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Romanian freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Romania to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Romanian freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Romania.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014