Weston, FL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/30/2014 -- Peter Antevy MD, Innovator of the Handtevy Pediatric Resuscitation System, has received the prestigious Raymond H. Alexander, MD, EMS Medical Director of the Year for 2014.
This award, from the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, honors a physician who serves as a medical director for a Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support or Air Service. It celebrates an EMS Medical Director who demonstrates excellence in the areas of quality assurance/improvement and medical control, in addition to the promotion and utilization of new medical trends and technologies.
Dr. Antevy has worked in the field of Pediatric Emergency Medicine for over 12 years and has been an EMS Medical Director for multiple agencies in Broward County for over 4 years. He has also served as the Medical Director for Broward College’s EMS Division since 2005. He is the Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Pediatric Emergency Standards, Inc. whose mission is to improve outcomes for critically ill children nationwide.
“Ever since Dr. Antevy began as our medical director he has had a significant impact on EMS in Broward County,” said Asst. Chief Julie Downey of Davie Fire Rescue. “His strong leadership has united EMS stakeholders and has directly impacted the care of over a million citizens in the County.”
Dr. Antevy is a nationally recognized speaker in EMS and Pediatrics with a focus on pre-hospital care and resuscitation. His innovative methods and teachings have received national acclaim and have been supported by peer reviewed research in collaboration with top tier academic institutions (Colorado Children’s Hospital and the Children’s Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota). His most recent original research publication titled “Comparison of a hybrid pediatric weight estimation method (HandtevyTM) to the BroselowTM Length based tape” was awarded best poster at ClinCon 2014, and has been accepted for presentation at the American College of Emergency Physicians 2014 Assembly in Chicago, IL.
The Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) also announced the recipients of other 2014 Excellence in EMS Awards. This marks the 24th year the Bureau of EMS is honoring outstanding Florida EMS organizations and individuals who make a positive impact on local EMS throughout the state. The 2014 statewide EMS awards are sponsored by the Emergency Medicine Learning & Resource Center (EMLRC).
“The Bureau of EMS is honored to recognize the outstanding efforts of Florida's men and women who serve their community, saving lives, with excellence in emergency medical services,” said John C. Bixler, Chief for the Bureau of EMS. “Congratulations to these recipients for their significant contributions to EMS in Florida.”
Awards were presented at 5:30 p.m. on July 16th at the Caribe Royal in Orlando in conjunction with the State EMS Advisory Council meetings and the EMLRC’s 38th Annual Clinical Conference on Emergency Medical Services (ClinCon).
Other 2014 Award winners are:
- EMS Provider of the Year: Seminole County EMS/Fire Rescue
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) of the Year: Jay M. Horne, EMT, Sunstar Paramedics
- Paramedic of the Year: Misty A. Baker, Paramedic, Bradford County EMS
- EMS Nurse of the Year: Ivan Mustafa, EMT-P, MSN, ARNP-C, CEMSO, EFO, CFO, Seminole County Fire Department Division Chief of EMS
- Larry S. Jordan EMS Hall of Fame: James A. (Jim) Judge, II, Paramedic, Volusia County Department of Public Protection
- Marilyn Crook EMS Pioneer: Jason L. Kimbrell, Paramedic, Lifeguard Ambulance Services of Florida, LLC
- EMS Injury Prevention: David J. Selbach, EMT, Sunstar Paramedics
- 911 Public Safety Telecommunicator of the Year: Jake B. Carter, Santa Rosa County E
- EMS Educator of the Year: Derek J. Hunt, NREMT-P, FP-C, UF CCP, ShandsCair
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC): Pam Pieper, Ph.D, ARNP, University of Florida College of Nursing
- Video of theYear: Sunstar Paramedics
- Photo of theYear: Michael R. Hilliard, Paramedic
For more information about the awards program contact: Bureau of EMS, Desi Lassiter
(850) 245-4055. Desi_Lassiter@doh.state.fl.us
About Pediatric Emergency Standards, Inc.
Pediatric Emergency Standards, Inc. was founded by Dr. Peter Antevy, innovator and creator of the award winning Handtevy Pediatric Resuscitation System. The company’s mission is to improve pediatric care to critically ill children nationwide and has received support and praise from leaders in the pre-hospital arena. Dr. Antevy has upcoming lectures in St. Petersburg, FL, Minneapolis, MN, and Nashville, TN. He will also be hosting a pediatric pre-hospital resuscitation webinar on July 29th and 31st. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(954) 660-3525 Office
2883 Executive Park Dr
Weston, FL 33331