Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/14/2014 -- Considered as the de-facto standard for Public Safety broadband communications, LTE is rapidly gaining momentum within the Public Safety industry. As a result Public Safety agencies, vendors and service provider are heavily investing in Public Safety LTE, with commercial deployments in both the North America and the Middle East region.
While initial investments appear promising there still remain a number of key issues that need to be addressed such as frequency spectrum allocation, funding for private LTE network deployments, QoS prioritization of users in commercial networks, and interoperability with legacy Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems such as APCO 25 and TETRA.
This report provides an in-depth of the global Public Safety LTE industry to address the aforementioned issues, in addition to providing a detail assessment of the technology, market size, and key trends within the Public Safety LTE industry.
The report covers the following topics:
- Global Spectrum Allocation for Public Safety LTE: A global assessment of spectrum allocation and funding for Public Safety LTE deployments, based on input from regional regulatory authorities.
- Global Public Safety LTE Market Size, Contracts & Trials: A global review of the worldwide Public Safety LTE market including assessment of revenue share by market segment (infrastructure sales, services, user device sales, etc), and a review of global contracts and trial engagements.
- RAN Sharing and Roaming: The term "RAN sharing" refers to sharing of actual eNodeBs. As part of this arrangement, each operator accesses the shared RAN with its own EPC. Vendors are also considering the implementation of Inter-PLMN handover (as opposed to roaming) and then for LTE Commercial carriers to deploy Policies for Service Level Agreements that include Priority Access (Access Class Barring, Preemption and ARP) and QoS/ QCI assignment for default and dedicated bearers. The report assesses in detail how many of vendors and commercial carriers will support RAN sharing, roaming and inter-PLMN handovers which will be key factors towards the adoption of commercial LTE RANs for Public Safety applications.
- Global QoS Requirements for Public Safety LTE Communications: A detailed assessment of global requirements for Priority access and High QoS for Public Safety subscribers, for shared commercial LTE networks, while they roam on to Commercial Networks.
- Public Safety LTE Devices and End User Applications: An assessment of device usability characteristics, Multi-Radio LTE/LMR interoperability technology, Software and Applications (VoLTE, PTT over LTE, IMS, IP).
- Vendor Trends and Roadmaps: A detailed assessment of solution portfolios and roadmaps for major infrastructure/ device vendors and system integrators
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Companies Mentioned in this Report: 3GPP, Abu Dhabi Police, Alcatel Lucent, APCO, AT&T, BayWEB, Brazilian Army, Airbus, Ericsson, ETSI, FCC, Harris Corporation, Hong Kong Police, HTC, Huawei, Intrado, General Dynamics, KPN, LA-RICS, Lemko, Motorola Mobility, Motorola Solutions, Nokia Solutions & Networks (NSN), Oceus Networks, Polaris Networks, Qatar Armed Forces, Qatar MOI, Qualcomm, Raytheon, Samsung, Sao Paulo Military Police Force, Tait, Tecore, TeleCommunication Systems (TCS), Thales, US Army, US Department of Defense, Verizon Wireless
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Definitive Guide to 4G Technology and LTE Business Intelligence
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- Carrier WiFi and Small Cells in LTE & Beyond: Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013 - 2018
- LTE Business Strategy 2013
- Global Wi-Fi Market [Indoor Wi-Fi; Outdoor Wi-Fi; Transportation Wi-Fi]: Global Advancements, Business Models, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- 3D MAPPING & 3D MODELING: Global Advancements, Worldwide Market Size and Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Small UAV Market - Global Forecast to 2014 - 2019
- Transportation Management Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)
- In-Building Wireless Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mass Notification Market by Solutions (In Building, Wide Area, Distributed), by Applications (Emergency Communications, Disaster Recovery, Public Alerts and Warning, Business Ops) - Global Advancements Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)