Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/26/2014 -- Mozambique will be one of the major growth stories in the global mining sector, as a combination of investment into the country's sizeable coal reserves and a relatively strong business environment coalesce to provide rapid growth in output. We expect the value of the country's mining sector to grow from USD 259 mn in 2012 to USD 796mn in 2018 , an d increase from 1.8% of GDP in 2012 to 2.8 % in 2018 .
Mozambique's nascent coal sector is set to take off in the next few years, boosting the country's mining industry. Almost all of the coal produced will be exported and thus Mozambique has the potential to become one of the largest global coking coal exporters, with India and China the main destinations. While the outlook for the sector is positive, there are major concerns surrounding the capacity of the country's infrastructure to cope with the projected increase in mineral production over the next few years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In Q114, Mozambique's government announced its intention to increase taxation on the mining sector and to ensure greater mineral wealth allocated locally. Although we expect the country to remain amenable to foreign investment and to maintain a broadly attractive business environment, this policy move in the mining sector will be a cause for concern among investors.
Nevertheless, Mozambique is well positioned to benefit from increasingly stringent regulation and resource nationalism elsewhere on the continent, particularly in neighbouring Zimbabwe. Mozambique continues to pursue its goals of opening up its mining sector to greater foreign investment and boosting its competitiveness as a mining destination.
The Mozambique Mining Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s mining and commodity forecasts for metals, minerals and gems, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, exports and values. The report also analyses trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Mozambique Mining Report provides industry strategists, service companies, company analysts and consultants, government departments, trade associations and regulatory bodies with BMI's independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the mining industry in Mozambique.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts on Mozambique to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and planning in this mining market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Mozambique's mining sector through our reviews of latest mining industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Mozambique.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity), Key Projects Tables and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering mining reserves, supply, demand and prices, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Mining Business Environment Ratings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (mining companies and support service providers) in the regional mining market. The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Ratings products.
Details and analysis of all current and planned developments (new ventures, capacity expansion and other investments) across the sector broken down by metal/ore.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast. Indicators include:
- Mining Industry: Industry size (US$mn), real growth (%), % of GDP, employment ('000), workforce as % of total workforce, average wage (US$).
- Output:Production volumes ('000 tonnes, carats etc.) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state, including bauxite, copper, gold, coal, lead, silver, tin, titanium, uranium, zinc etc.
- Exports: Value of exports (US$mn) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state .
- Commodity Markets: Global demand, supply, stocks and benchmark prices (US$) for aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, tin, zinc, gold and steel.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Namibia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Botswana Mining Report Q3 2014
- India Mining Report Q3 2014
- Congo, Dem. Rep. Mining Report Q3 2014
- MENA Mining Report Q3 2014
- Kazakhstan Mining Report Q3 2014
- Chile Mining Report Q3 2014
- Mongolia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Ghana Mining Report Q3 2014
- Angola Mining Report Q3 2014