Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/17/2014 -- In spite of the numerous criticisms that the industry faced over the review period and that it continues facing, demand for bottled water increased marginally in 2013, mainly as a result of rising consumer health awareness and the growing number of customers who are aware of the importance of sufficient daily water intake. This positive performance was, however, tempered by the debate over the unnecessary consumption of bottled water and the environmental consequences this consumption may cause.
Nestle Waters remained the leading player in terms of off-trade value sales, holding a 20% share in 2013, while its main rival, Migros, held a 15% share. Valser Mineralquellen ranked third with a share of 15%, followed by Evian-Volvic at 12%. Nestle Waters witnessed its share fall slightly as a result of stronger performances of other players, including Valser. Overall, most other players managed to maintain their value shares of bottled water.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The importance of the health and wellness trend is anticipated to continue to influence the consumption of bottled water over the forecast period. It will also impact the performance of manufacturers that offer products which are most able to respond to the specific needs and tastes of consumers, such as flavoured bottled water and functional bottled water. As a result and while off-trade value sales in constant terms at 2013 prices are expected to post a negative CAGR of 1% over the forecast period, volume sales are predicted to continue increasing, albeit marginally, over the same period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bottled Water industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bottled Water in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bottled Water in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- How important is the direct selling method of distribution in Switzerland for bottled water sales?
- What impact have environmental issues (such as sustainable packaging) had on consumer attitudes, category volumes, packaging formulations and/or product innovation in Switzerland?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Carbonated Bottled Water, Flavoured Bottled Water, Functional Bottled Water, Still Bottled Water.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bottled Water in Colombia
- Bottled Water in Nigeria
- Bottled Water in Norway
- Bottled Water in Vietnam
- Bottled Water in Turkey
- Global Bottled Water Market 2014-2018
- Bottled Water in Thailand
- Bottled Water in Latvia
- Bottled Water in the US
- Bottled Water in Estonia