Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/03/2014 -- Within canned/preserved food packaging, cans are declining but remain the biggest and strongest pack type in the biggest food categories (baked beans, vegetables, tomatoes, soup and fish). While items such as baked beans are increasingly being sold in other formats and pack sizes, cans continues to dominate as consumers are unlikely to switch habits quickly. Also, as economic difficulties remain, consumers have stocked up on canned food and are cautious about alternative packaging formats as they can consider these to be more expensive.
The end of 2012 went on to be very cold and soups became an easy, filling, meal to bring to work or to enjoy in front of the TV at night. Although cans will remain the leading material in soup for a long time, the future looks bright for thin wall plastic containers as these can be microwaved, adding to the convenience. There will be some room for pouches, although the risk of burning oneself with very hot liquid may play against it.Overview
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Canned/Preserved Food Packaging industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Canned/Preserved Food Packaging industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Canned/Preserved Food Packaging in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the total unit volume of canned/preserved food packaging in United Kingdom?
- What are the major canned/preserved food pack types in United Kingdom?
- How are novel pack types such as pouches and liquid cartons threatening the dominant metal food can?
- Is microwaveability a driver for novel packaging uptake in United Kingdom?
- What are the most dynamic pack types within canned/preserved food?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Canned/Preserved Beans, Canned/Preserved Fish/Seafood, Canned/Preserved Fruit, Canned/Preserved Meat and Meat Products, Canned/Preserved Pasta, Canned/Preserved Ready Meals, Canned/Preserved Soup, Canned/Preserved Tomatoes, Canned/Preserved Vegetables, Other Canned/Preserved Food.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby Food Packaging in the United Kingdom
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in the United Kingdom to 2018
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom
- Canned Food: Global Industry Guide
- Frozen Food: Global Industry Guide
- The Future of the Fish and Seafood Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Confectionery Packaging in the United Kingdom
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in UK to 2017
- Dairy Packaging in the United Kingdom