Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/12/2014 -- Russia has a range of natural resources, including oil fields, coal deposits and many strategic minerals. However, adverse climatic conditions and remote locations make the exploitation of resources difficult. The mining industry in Russia is governed by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation, and the Federal Agency on Mineral Resources. The Subsoil Law is the main law for regulating mining activities in the country.
- The Ministry of Energy is a federal executive body responsible for drafting and implementing government policies and legal regulation in sectors including oil and fuel, electric power, renewable energy and hydrocarbons.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation is a federal executive body responsible for formulating state policy. It also devises regulations covering the study, renewal, and conservation of natural resources.
- The Federal Service of Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Surveillance is an authorized agency for issuing mining allotments. The document defining mining allotment boundaries should be included as an integral part of a license.
- The Federal Service for Surveillance in the Sphere of Nature Use is responsible for monitoring environmental protection and subsoil use by license holders. The agency also forwards information on breaches of license terms to the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use.
- The Subsoil Law is the main law in the mining industry, providing all relevant laws and regulations regarding subsoil use in the Russian Federation. Other regional laws on subsoil are also applicable to the mining industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report outlines Russia's governing bodies, governing laws, mine ownership and business licenses, mining rights and obligations, key fiscal terms which includes one-time payments, rents and fees, severance tax, corporate income tax, transport tax, property tax, local taxes, depreciation, tax incentives, withholding tax, loss carry forward and VAT.
Reasons to Get this Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Canada's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Mexico's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- China's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Philippines's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Australia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Indonesia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- South Africa's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Myocardial Infarction - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Parkinson's Disease - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Tuberculosis - Pipeline Review, H1 2014