Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/25/2014 -- Snack pellets are semi-finished expandable snack that are manufactured using extrusion process. These are available in multiple forms, shapes, flavors, and textures. Hot air expansion and hot oil frying are two of the most commonly used methods for the conversion of snack pellets into finished ready-to-eat form. Conversion of snack pellets using hot air is considered to be healthy as it avoids the use of excessive oil and the formation of acryl amide that is a common cause for heart diseases and some specific cancers. Globally, snack pellets are preferred due to their longer shelf life, and high density that simplifies storage, and eases and economizes the cost of transportation. The rising living standards of the consumers and the globalization of the savory snacks industry has led to the rise in the demand for healthy and tasty savory snacks. The snack pellets fortified with nutrients are relatively more expensive than ordinary snack pellets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The increasing marketing schemes such as discounts, promotions, etc. and information exchange programs, by snacks pellets manufacturers, related to snack pellets raw materials, assembly line, distribution, etc. are driving factors of the market. The increasing health awareness regarding consumption of food is also increasing the preference for healthy ingredient-based snack pellets among consumers. Potato snack pellets are one of the widely utilized varieties in the European nations.
The report analyzes various types of snack pellets and the various regions where their market has recorded trends. The types segment studies the size, in terms of value and volume, of the snack pellets market in each region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and Rest of the World (ROW)). The market is further segmented on the basis of the key countries in these regions.
The report further provides qualitative analysis of the leading players, with a clear insight on the development strategies preferred. The report also includes a chronology of the developments, with respect to new products and their applications. The key players, such as Grupo Industrial Michel (Mexico), Limagrain (France), and Intersnack Knabbergeback GmbH (Germany), have been profiled in this report.
The size of the snack pellets market, in terms of value, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2019. In 2013, the market was dominated by Europe and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the period of study. The production and consumption of snack pellets such as potato, corn, and mixed grains are mainly observed in the European countries such as Germany and the U.K. The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the second-fastest-growing region by 2019.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This report focuses on the snack pellets market for the F&B industry and food service industry. The market was segmented on the basis of types and geography.
- On the basis of types
- Mixed grains
- Others (cereals, legumes, and vegetables, among others)
- On the basis of geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of the World (ROW)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Modified Starch Market -Food) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Oilseed & Grain Seed Market By Crop Type [Oilseed (Soybean, Canola, Sunflower, Cotton), Grain Seed (Corn, Wheat, Rice, Sorghum)], By Trait (Herbicide Tolerant, Insecticide Resistant, Other Staked Trait) & Geography: Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Dietary Fiber Market - Global Trends & Forecasts up to 2019
- Cereal Ingredients Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Gluten-Free Products Market by Type (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Mixes & Flour and Meat & Poultry Products), Sales Channel (Natural & Conventional) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Carbohydrase Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Baking Enzymes Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Probiotics Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Feed Flavors & Sweeteners Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Seeds Market By Type (Oilseed, Grain, Fruit & Vegetable, Turf, Forage & Other Seeds), Seed Trait (Herbicide Tolerant, Insecticide Resistant, And Other Stacked Traits) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018