Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/19/2014 -- Despite its small size, the Bahraini insurance industry is well developed and highly regulated. The industry grew at a review-period (2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8%, driven by an increase in the infrastructural projects, the implementation of compulsory motor third-party liability insurance, the rising number of health conditions and a steadily growing population. The industry is expected to face challenges over the forecast period (2012-2017). The high combined ratios of non-life insurance companies, which are expected to continue to exceed 100%, and political unrest in the country will put pressure on the industry's overall profitability. However, despite such challenges, Bahrain's insurance industry is anticipated to rise at a forecast-period CAGR of 7.8%, driven instead by the huge growth potential realized by foreign investors, regulatory reforms and government efforts to support growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Bahraini insurance industry grew at a review-period CAGR of 3.8%
- The non-life segment was supported by strong growth in the property insurance category, which registered a review-period CAGR of 7.4%
- The motor insurance category also registered growth during the review period, due to the implementation of compulsory motor third-party liability insurance in the country
- The personal accident and health segment registered the fastest growth in the industry during the review period, at a CAGR of 10.2%
- The 10-leading insurers collectively held an industry share of 84.5% in 2012
- As of 2012, there were 12 domestic insurance firms licensed to conduct insurance business in the country, and eight branch offices of overseas entities
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Bahrain:
- It provides historical values for the Bahraini insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Bahraini insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Bahrain, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Bahraini insurance industry and each segment within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Bahraini insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Bahraini insurance industry.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Co., Life Ins. Corporation (International), Axa Insurance (Gulf) Co., American Life Insurance Company, ACE American Insurance Co,
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Trinidad & Tobago, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Uruguay, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Belarus, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017