Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/11/2014 -- In October 2013, Teva announced that it would be cutting approximately 10% of the workforce in order to cut costs. Later that month, it announced the departure of its CEO of just 18 months, Jeremy Levin, who was forced out by Chairman Phillip Frost. This case study looks out how Teva, one of the largest pharmaceuticals companies in the world, has ended up in this position, & what the future holds
Features and benefits
- This case study looks at Teva's operations and the market in which it operates. It also looks in detail at Copaxone, Teva's best-selling drug.
- The case study examines the M&A activity Teva has been involved in over recent years, and whether or not it has been successful.
- Teva's future engines of growth are discussed, as well as 2 outlooks for 2014, depending on generic competition for Copaxone.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In the US, one in every seven prescriptions is filled with a Teva product, and in the UK, this rises to one in every six prescriptions. The company operates in over 60 countries worldwide and employs approximately 45,000 people. Teva has over 55,000 product variants and 1,000 molecules, and manufactured 64 billion tablets and capsules in 2013.
Copaxone is one of Teva's best-selling drugs, with global sales of $3.9bn in 2012 and $4.3bn in 2013. Copaxone accounted for 49% of the specialty drugs segment's sales in 2012, rising to 52% in 2013. However, Copaxone may face generic competition as early as May 2014.
The New Therapeutic Entities (NTE) program, launched in December 2012, uses existing, known molecules that can offer improvements for patients by being formulated, delivered or used in a novel way. Development of NTEs is less time consuming, less risky, and less expensive.
Your key questions answered
- Why is Copaxone losing patent protection and what is Teva doing to alleviate this?
- What is the NTE program?
- What is the outlook for Teva in 2014?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS) - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Autism - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Drug Addiction - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Substance (Drug) Abuse - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Osteoarthritis Pain - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited - Product Pipeline Review - 2014
- Perennial Allergic Rhinitis - Pipeline Review, H1 2014