Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/02/2014 -- We downgraded our forecast for the UAE IT market over the next five years to 2018 to reflect the increasing downward pressure on PC sales, especially in the consumer segment where desktops and notebooks are being cannibalised by more mobile form factors such as smartphones and tablets. We expect investments in high capacity servers for data centres to be a key growth driver in the hardware division of the IT market. This will, in turn, boost value growth in the software and services sectors, with cloud-based services expected to grow rapidly during our forecast period. Meanwhile, the anticipated uptick in investments and visitors into the country in the run-up to 2020 World Trade Expo poses a significant upside risk to growth forecast. We expect government agencies and private companies, especially those in consumer-centric industries such as aviation, retail and hospitality, to invest in IT solutions to improve their operations and services in preparation for the 2020 Expo.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: AED8.16bn in 2013 to AED8.59bn in 2014, +5.2% in local currency terms. Investment in data centre facilities and enterprise products will offset stagnating growth of consumer products.
Software Sales: AED2.85bn in 2013 to AED3.26bn in 2014, +14.4% in local currency terms. The UAE is one of the region's fastest growing ERP markets as modernisation initiatives continue in an effort to increase international competitiveness.
IT Services Sales: AED4.74bn in 2013 to AED5.32bn in 2014, +12.3% in local currency terms. Managed services will be a leading growth area, with growth of cloud computing and real-time analytics accelerating.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- C4ISR Market (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Land Systems, Airborne Systems and Naval Systems) Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- United Arab Emirates Water Report Q2 2014
- United Arab Emirates Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Morning Goods Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Baking Ingredients Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017