San Francisco, CA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/05/2014 -- The global market for Software Defined Networking (SDN) is expected to reach USD 4,909.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for mobility and proliferation of mobile devices is expected to fuel the market over the next six years. Grand View Research also observes that the need to implement cloud computing services in an effective manner is expected to positively impact the industry on a global level.
By providing a software interface and easier management of network services, software defined network aids in establishment of efficient network infrastructure. Lack of standardization in implementation of SDN and difficulty in migration from legacy systems are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent over the forecast period. The growing trend of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) in organizations is expected to serve as an opportunity for market participants.
The report “Software Defined Networking (SDN) Market Analysis By End Users (Enterprises, Cloud Service Providers, Telecommunications Service Providers), By Solutions (SDN Switching, SDN Controllers, Cloud Virtualization Applications) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/software-defined-networking-sdn-market-analysis
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/345
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Enterprises were the largest end user segment in 2013, and accounted for over 40% of the overall market share. Telecommunications service providers are expected to be the fastest growing end user segment, with an estimated CAGR of 45.6% from 2014 to 2020. In terms of SDN solutions, cloud virtualization applications are expected to be the largest and fastest growing segment; they accounted for over 30% of the overall market share in 2013.
- North America is expected to remain the largest market over the forecast period as a result of high penetration of mobile devices and need for enhanced network infrastructure in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market, at an estimated CAGR of 47.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global SDN market consists of a large number of players vying to provide end-to-end solutions. Mergers and acquisitions to consolidate market share and offer hardware, software as well as services are frequent in the industry as key strategic initiatives. Major industry participants in the market include Cisco, IBM, VMware, HP, Alcatel-Lucent, NEC, and Juniper Networks among others.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/software-defined-networking-sdn-market-analysis/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the SDN market on the basis of end users, solutions, and region:
SDN End Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Cloud service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
SDN Solutions Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Cloud virtualization applications
SDN Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Latest Market Research Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Construction Equipment Market Analysis By Product (Earth Moving Machinery, Material Handling Machinery, Concrete & Road Construction Equipment) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/construction-equipment-market-analysis
Soy & Dairy Protein Ingredients Market Analysis By Product (Isolates, Concentrates, Hydrolysates, Casein) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Protein-Ingredients-Industry
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc