Celebrating 10 Years of Media Engagement Innovation
10 years ago, the founders of ReleaseWire began a new journey based on a simple idea, that all small businesses should have access to effective and affordable press release distribution services.
Our team has witnessed dramatic changes in the world and in our own company.
In October 2005, mobile devices where not a part of most people’s everyday life. In fact, the iPhone did not launch until 2 years later. Android Inc. had just been acquired by Google, however it was not until three years later that Android 1.0 was released. One of the most popular mobile phones of 2005 was the Motorola RAZR.
For those into video games, In October of 2005, the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii did not exist and the Xbox 360 had not yet been released.
In October 2005, the most popular songs in the US where Gold Digger by Kanye West, Photograph by Nickelback, Shake It Off by Mariah Carey, My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas and Like You by Bow Wow.
According to w3schools, most web viewers used desktop computers to access websites. 53% of viewers had a screen resolution of 1024x768, 30% reported a resolution of 800x600 and 5% had a lower resolution. In contrast, the most common resolution today for desktop computers is 1366x768 with only 4% reporting a resolution of 1024x768.
For ReleaseWire, we watched our firm grow from a single person operation to a team of experienced editors, researchers, account managers and more. We expanded our Green Bay, WI headquarters to include the space and functionally needed to keep up with our ever expanding services.
- We helped usher in dramatic changes to the media engagement solutions marketplace for small to medium-sized businesses by providing professional services at fair prices.
- We developed Hosted, our online newsroom hosting solution.
- We launched ReleaseWire Connect a social network product designed to bring together communicators with journalists, bloggers and other members of the media.
- We then added ReleaseWire CRM, a full-featured contact relationship management solution, designed for the unique needs of communications as they manage their media outreach efforts.
- We created ReleaseWire MediaWire, a full featured multimedia distribution solution included at no additional cost.
It has been a great 10 years for ReleaseWire and we are very excited about the future. We have several new services launching soon that we believe will add a new level of value for our clients. Meanwhile, we will continue to innovate adding new improvements to our existing services.
We would like to thank all of our clients who have trusted us over the past 10 years to deliver their messaging to the world.
Additionally, we would like to thank the journalists, bloggers and other members of the media who use our platform to receive authoritative, actionable content.
We are committed to making the connection between communicators and journalists beneficial for both.
In closing, we thought it would be fun to show you how much our site has changed over the years. Check out our time line at http://www.releasewire.com/10th. We are amazed at how far we have come when it comes to usability.