Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/02/2014 -- Despite 2012 being a year of innovation for the leading brand Janola (with the introduction of more value-added products, such as portion-controlled bleach tablets), private label products continued to make inroads into the category, and this did not abate in 2013. Private label goods included the economy-priced Budget from Foodstuffs (NZ) and Homebrand from Progressive Enterprises, along with Red Stamp sold through the mass merchandiser The Warehouse. These products are generally liquid bleach in a bottle format that are usually offered at lower prices than branded products, such as Janola and Domestos.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Pental Products Pty led bleach with a value share of 64% in 2013, which was marginally down on 2012. This was a good result considering private label combined made up the majority of the rest of the category at almost 31%, which was an increase on 2012. Despite being a difficult category to operate within, Janola remained an iconic and trusted brand in New Zealand. Furthermore, the manufacturer of Janola attempted to add value to bleach during the review period, offering super-strength products and tablet formulations. Moreover, the brand was also extended into other home care categories, such as household wipes and surface sprays. As a result, Janola continued to be a formidable brand within home care in 2013.
Bleach brands are expected to continue to be threatened by private label over the forecast period, as these are similar products at lower prices. To combat this, it is expected that mainstream brands will look to add value to the category, as well as expand into other home care categories over the forecast period. Janola has already embarked on this strategy, through the introduction of wipes, bathroom and surface care sprays.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bleach industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bleach industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bleach in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bleach in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- How did bleach sales perform during the economic downturn?
- What are the major applications of bleach in New Zealand?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bleach in Turkey
- Bleach in Costa Rica
- Bleach in Australia
- Bleach in the Netherlands
- The Future of the Haircare Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Bleach in Italy
- Home Care in New Zealand
- Travel and Tourism in New Zealand to 2017
- Bleach in France
- Bleach in the United Kingdom