"Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Business Forecast Report Q1 2015" Published
Fast Market Research recommends "Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Business Forecast Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/15/2015 --November's ASEAN summit in Myanmar shone the spotlight on the country's political reform drive, which we believe has lost considerable momentum over recent months. In particular, the government has not shown the willingness to make substantive amendments to the constitution, suggesting that opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi will not be allowed to run for president in 2015's general elections. Furthermore, it looks increasingly likely that the military (Tatmadaw) will retain its automatic 25% share of seats in parliament. Combined with efforts from the ruling USDP to adopt a proportional voting system rather than the first-past-the-post system that has been used in the past, it is likely that the USDP and Tatmadaw will maintain a considerable preference beyond the upcoming elections. At the same time, we also note rising risks that general elections may be postponed, as the government has tied the elections to a nationwide ceasefire which is looking more tenuous by the day.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Chinese assistance for Cambodia's economic development has ramped up considerably over recent years, and we believe that this is a trend that is set to continue. During Hun Sen's visit to China earlier in 2014, the Prime Minister secured an agreement that will see China provide USD500mn in grants and loans per annum to assist Cambodia in developing its woefully lacking infrastructure. Domestically, however, Cambodia continues to face significant political challenges despite the fact that the opposition has rejoined parliament. In particular, a group of Cambodians has lodged a complaint with the International Criminal Court (ICC) against a group of politicians, security chiefs, and business tycoons. The complaint alleges that Cambodia's ruling elite has systematically seized land from its rightful owners, and that in many cases this land has been sold to multinational firms. Given the strong vested interests associated with Hun Sen's regime, we believe that the probable inaction on the part of...
The Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Business Forecast Report helps businesses with market assessment, strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar and is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs, Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this emerging market..
An influential new analysis of Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar's economic, political and financial prospects through end-2017, just published by award-winning forecasters, Business Monitor International (BMI).
- Forecast the pace and stability of Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar's economic and industry growth through end-2017.
- Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk mitigation.
- Assess the critical shortcomings of the business environment that pose hidden barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
- ContextualiseCambodia, Laos and Myanmar's country risks against regional peers using BMI's country comparative Risk Ratings system.
- Evaluate external threats to doing business in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, including currency volatility, the commodity price boom and protectionist policies.
The Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Business Forecast Report by Business Monitor International (BMI) includes two major sections: Economic Outlook and Political Outlook.
How will the Cambodian, Lao and Myanmar economic policy-making and performance impact on corporate profitability over 2013-2017?
BMI provides our fully independent 5-year forecasts for Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar through end-2017 for more than 50 economic and key industry indicators. We evaluate growth, and also forecast the impact of economic management.
Economic Outlook Contents
The Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Business Forecast Report features BMI's forecasts with supporting analysis for 2013 through to end-2017, set against government views and BMI's evaluation of global and regional prospects.
Key Areas Covered:
- Full 10-year forecasts with data - for key macroeconomic variables including GDP (real growth and per capita), population, inflation, current account balance and the exchange rate.
- BMI's comprehensive Risk Ratings system - rates each country worldwide for economic and political risk, and rates the business environment, within a global and regional context.
- Economic Activity - real GDP growth, employment, inflation, consumption (retail sales and confidence).
- Balance of Payments - trade and investment, current and capital account.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Argentina Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- Israel Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- Portugal Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing
Fast Market Research, Inc.
View this press release online at: http://rwire.com/574320