Due to increase rate of accident and injuries in The State of Texas, Charles Dunn Lubbock law office committed to fighting for the Texas accident victims.
Lubbock, TX -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/29/2016 --According to statistics from the Texas Peace Officer's Crash Reports (CR-3) Texas traffic accidents lead the nation in deaths and serious injuries, as per Texas Department of Transportation report-
Based on reportable crashes in 2014:
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 29 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 13 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 66 seconds
The death toll increase by 3.70% compare to last year. The 2014 death toll of 3,534 from the 3,408 deaths recorded in 2013. Of all persons killed in vehicles where restraint usage was applicable and usage was known in 2014, 43.8% were reported as not restrained when the fatal. There were 13,675 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2014 with 17,152 people sustaining a serious injury. 237,941 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2014. In 2014, there were 1,041 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 29% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
According to statistics from the Texas Peace Officer's Crash Reports (CR-3), pedestrians are among the most vulnerable groups on American roadways today. Pedestrian fatalities totaled 486 in 2014.
All Crashes in 2014:
1. 1 person was injured every 2 minutes & 13 seconds
2. 1 reportable crash occurred every 66 seconds
3. Number of crashes leading to serious injury in 2014: 92,114
4. Number of people seriously injured in Texas crashes: 476,875
5. Number of traffic deaths: 3,534
1. 1 person was killed every 2 hours & 29 minutes
2. Number of motorcyclist fatalities: 463
3. Number of pedestrian fatalities: 486
4. There were NO deathless days on Texas roadways in 2014
Leading Contributing Factors to Fatal Crashes in Texas:
1. Speed Involved Crashes and Injuries: 26,977
2. Distracted driving: 483
3. Head-on crashes: 581
4. Single vehicle run-off the road: 1,384
5. Under the influence of alcohol: 1,041
1. Number of alcohol-related crashes: 24,386
2. Number of fatal alcohol-related possible injuries: 6,304
3. Number of alcohol-related serious injuries: 5,920
4. Number of alcohol-related deaths: 1041
Texas personal injury lawyer Charles Dunn of the Law Offices of Charles Dunn stated that, "Texas has been accelerating its effort to monitor, strengthen, and then enforce its safety programs, for the benefit of drivers. No one wants to see families torn apart through preventable fatalities.
Charles Dunn Lubbock Attorney continued, "In my more than 35 years of being an attorney and residing in the Lubbock area, I understood that helping to recover financially is important, but preventing these cases is vital for the community. Unfortunately, there were NO deathless days on Texas roadways in 2014. The reality involves real people and effects real families. Charles Dunn Lubbock office provides professional legal representation with a personal touch to accident victims in Lubbock, San Antonio and throughout Texas.
About Board-Certified Attorney Charles Dunn
A highly experienced, Board-certified, rated attorney and founder of the Law offices of Charles Dunn, Charles Dunn is an active member in multiple legal organizations including the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Lubbock County Bar Association, The Association of Trial Lawyers of America and South Plains Trial Lawyers Association.
Charles Dunn is an active member of Electric Utility Board of the City of Lubbock, served as State Director for the States of Texas.
Lubbock Lawyer at Law Offices of Charles Dunn has helped hundreds of Texas residents to get fair compensation for injuries. Additionally, What's more, Super Lawyers recently recognized Charles Dunn as one of the best attorneys in the State of Texas for the year 2015 (THOMSON REUTERS). Peer Rating 4.4 out of 5 in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (lawyers.com) and attorneys' ratings website and is a rated attorney with Avvo.com.
People who believe that they may have a legal claim can schedule for a No Obligation and FREE Consultation with Attorney Charles Dunn by calling our office at 806-763-1944.
Law offices of Charles Dunn
1212, Texas Avenue,
Lubbock, Texas, 79401
San Antonio Office:
18714, Creekside Pass,
San Antonio, Texas, 78259