New Insurance research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/16/2015 --The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the US reinsurance segment, including:
- The US reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance category
- Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
- US reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
- The competitive landscape in the US reinsurance segment
- Reinsurance in the US grew during the review period: its written premium increased in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 3.5% .
- The US reinsurance segment grew at a CAGR of 3.0% during the review period.
- In terms of gross written premium, treaty reinsurance accounted for 86.1% of the US reinsurance segment in 2013, while facultative reinsurance represented 13.9%.
- The capital structure of the US reinsurance segment is changing, with increasing supplies of alternative capital from private equity and pension funds, rather than traditional sources such as debt and equities.
- The National Risk Retention Association (NRRA), which became effective in July 2011, says a US reinsurer's state of domicile is the sole regulator of the reinsurer's solvency.
- The US government's National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood cover for five years for flood-prone regions.
- Non-life insurers ceded the highest percentage of their premium to reinsurance in 2012, with 47.2%, followed by life insurers with 25.3% and personal accident and health insurers with 16.7%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the US:
- It provides historical values for the US's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the US's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Used its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the US reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the US reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: The Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group, Lloyd's, Swiss Reinsurance America Corporation, QBE Reinsurance Corporation, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018