FCA design team seeks high school students to design the future of Ram truck.
Philadelphia, PA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/02/2020 --News provided by: FCA Feb 20, 2020
Full article in its entirety: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-design-team-seeks-high-school-students-to-design-the-future-of-ram-truck-301008311.html
The FCA Drive for Design contest challenges U.S. high school students in grades 10-12 to sketch a Ram truck of the future. Entries due by May 1, 2020, via www.FCAdriveForDesign.com
- Drive for Design Contest challenges high school students to sketch a Ram truck of the future
- Drive for Design contest is open to U.S. high school students in grades 10-12; three winners selected
- Prizes include an exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour and mentoring time with leading designers at the FCA Design studios; scholarship to attend College for Creative Studies Summer Experience Transportation Design program; and serving as a Junior Judge at the prestigious EyesOn Design Car Show
- Entries due by May 1, 2020, via www.FCAdriveForDesign.com
- Writer and artist Josh Welton joins as special guest judge
- Head of FCA Design Ralph Gilles and Head of Ram Truck and Mopar Exterior Design Mark Trostle, take your questions in an "Ask Me Anything" Facebook Live event on Wed., Feb. 26 at 6 p.m. Eastern
- Follow Drive for Design via social media: Drive for Design Facebook page and FCA North America Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram using #DriveForDesign
- Without a nudge from an art teacher, a visit to an art school or just plain luck, some of the world's top automotive designers may never have made their mark on history.
- Mark Trostle, Head of Ram Truck Design at FCA, wants to change that. Eight years ago, he revived a contest he won as a high school student that helped drive him to where he is today, leading the design efforts for some of the most desired vehicles on the road.
- The 2020 Drive for Design contest challenges U.S. high school students in grades 10-12 to sketch a Ram truck of the future. And, just like in the professional world, there is a level of urgency – entries are due by May 1, 2020. Three students will be named winners from all valid entries received.
- "The landscape of automotive design has changed and today's automotive designers not only sketch cars, they create some of the most advanced user experience systems, work with 3D technology, research color trends and create interior spaces that are multi-functional and beautiful," said Trostle. "As the field of automotive design grows, it's vital that we increase awareness and educate students and parents about the career opportunities available."
- The Drive for Design competition kicked off during the EyesOn Design commemorative poster unveiling held at the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology in Grosse Pointe Park, Mich.
Artist Josh Welton Joins Judging Panel
Coming back for a second year as a guest judge is Josh Welton , writer, artist and owner of Brown Dog Welding LLC fabrication and art studio in Detroit. Welton is an accomplished welder, fabricator, teacher, artist, writer, social media influencer, podcast host, entrepreneur and automotive enthusiast. He writes for a variety of outlets and shares his artistic creations on social media. Welton will help review submitted sketches and select this year's winners.
About EyesOn Design
A benefit for the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology (DIO), a not-for-profit corporation, EyesOn Design is a major source of revenue for the DIO's research, education and support group programs for the visually impaired. The DIO is a division of the Department of Ophthalmology of the Henry Ford Health System.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is a global automaker that designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles in a portfolio of exciting brands, including Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep®, Lancia, Ram and Maserati. It also sells parts and services under the Mopar name and operates in the components and production systems sectors under the Comau and Teksid brands. FCA employs nearly 200,000 people around the globe.
Learn more about Barbera Brands
As clients of beMarketing, Gary Barbera's on the Boulevard and its affiliates / brands provide submissions to vendor for verification and publication. The content of the material provided is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Any third-party links are for reader's convenience and not an endorsement. No commitment has been suggested to update content at any time. Not responsible for errors or omissions. BeMarketing verifies content and material as well as manner of presentation to be reflective and in accordance with publication and release of third-party references, disclosing sources of information and citations
About Gary Barbera's on the Boulevard and his BarberaCares Programs
Gary Barbera's on the Boulevard proudly celebrates their 30th anniversary since swinging open the doors showcasing Dodge, Ram, Chrysler, Jeep and CPOV vehicles collaborating with it's own Philadelphia's Credit Connection- On-Site Instant Auto Credit. Over 1000 Vehicles including 300 Jeeps Cheap at one location. Barbera's on the Boulevard is recognized by FCA as Philadelphia's #1 volume dealer in both new and pre-owned vehicles for decades. Getting their start as a Dodge dealer has propelled them to be the #1 Dodge Dealer in 6 states, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, and WV since the start while receiving Chrysler's highest accolade J D Power certification.
The Barbera Culture, rooted in the belief that Business Comes Where it is Invited and Stays where it is Well Treated. The Barbera organization hires hospitality and trains talent instilling within every single employee the philosophy of guest hospitality, consistent service, and gratefulness for the client's most precious gift of their valuable time. Their proudest moments are when they are welcoming back families who have purchased 9-10 cars and who send their friends and family. The biggest compliment is the wonderful thoughtful gift of a referral of family and friends.
The Barbera family credits their parents with instilling the Barbera Culture of Hospitality, Family Values and Work Ethic. Their mother Rita Barbera, known to all as "Lovely Rita" was kind, socially conscious, and valued family and hardwork. Their father, Eugene Barbera planted the automotive seed through his business, Palm Auto, a carwash, gas station, auto repair and body shop center located in Fishtown before it bloomed into the sprawling area it is today. The Barbera Family would work for their father as children inspired by their father's work ethic and client satisfaction standards. Their dad said, "Hard work never hurt anyone but Aggravation sure will kill you."
Honored to be recognized with the prestigious Family Owned Business award for dual accolades; Gary Barbera's on the Boulevard for positively impacting their communities economically and BarberaCares for Community Service Excellence. On the heels of this crowning achievement Gary Barbera's on the Boulevard is recognized alongside industry icons 6ABC, QVC, and Comcast NBCUniversal for Corporate Philanthropy as the region's most charitable givers.
BarberaCares principles of Support, Enhance, and Inspire lead the way in community service including broadcasting their Don't Text and Drive Campaign- Keep the Boulevard Safe message to everyone, especially the young. Proud to be the inaugural partner of Governor Edward G. Rendell's Adopt-A-Highway state wide clean up initiative from the ground up, 1000's of Turkey and Winter Coat hand deliveries to underserved sections of the city such as Strawberry Mansion, massively leading the way in Solar Recycling Cans around the city. Support of Philadelphia's finest including P.A.L, honoring Veterans for their service and sacrifice. Of course 1000's of individuals, children, families, youth groups, churches and synagogues have been added to the list of those being assisted by BarberaCares over the 3 decades.
Their Philly famous mascot – the Barbera Bear can be seen lending a paw and entertaining during parades and community clean-ups. Gary Barbera's on the Boulevard is also known for where the Stars buy their Cars! It all began with Jim McMahon and Doug Pederson as a young Quarterback in the 90's with many, many stars in between and after. Now it's Coach Doug Pederson and he's been driving Barbera for decades! Now it's your turn. I would be remiss if I didn't ask you.... Is Barbera the Best... Boy I Guess!