Oakville, Ontario, Canada -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/4/2006 -- According to Scott Birmingham, Manager of Product Marketing for Shoplogix, there are specific methodologies to ensure preventative and predictive maintenance plant floor results including:
• Make faster and more informed decisions based on real-time information.
• Increase machine utilization, efficiency and overall capacity.
• Improve Mean Time to Repair by notifying maintenance crews immediately of a machine alarm.
• Notify managers when jobs are completed or behind schedule.
• Optimize production schedules with real-time information on production rates and average cycle time.
• Improve preventative maintenance scheduling and overall product quality.
• Assess operator setup time and other important machine metrics.
Shoplogix develops integrated web-based software solutions that optimize plant floor operations. Shoplogix solutions improve productivity, efficiency, and total operational performance by allowing companies to make real-time decisions that impact profitability while actively engaging employees in the process.
Shoplogix Inc. is a privately held company headquartered in Oakville, Ontario, with offices across North America. The company serves a growing base of Global 2000 companies to set new standards for production performance and efficiency in industrial environments.
Plantnode is a hybrid web-based software application designed on an open platform to integrate with existing production equipment, analyze real-time performance, and evaluate machine productivity. Plantnode’s built-in intelligence goes beyond raw data collection to provide a fully integrated production and performance management application; differentiated by the ability to compare real-time data against planned estimates. Plantnode is proven to increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and enables machine level visibility on a 24x7 basis with automatic escalations and interactive processes to drive higher levels of operational efficiency, quality, and performance.
Plantnode Network is an enterprise web-based software application that consolidates and analyzes operational data for all Plantnode enabled equipment providing a complete and accurate view of production performance. Plantnode Network’s distributed design provides true enterprise scalability to evaluate real-time performance on a plant-wide, multi-site, or global basis.
Hellen Budaya Pileski
Manager, Marketing Communications