aPriori Technologies To Hire Business Consultants for Cost Management Implementation Team
Concord, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/23/2006 --aPriori’s Cost Management Software Platform enables manufacturers to better understand product cost decisions early and throughout the product lifecycle. aPriori’s Cost Management Platform empowers manufacturers to lower cost-of-goods sold (COGS), provides real-time visibility to “cost-critical” decision information, and builds critical cost knowledge to go on the business “offensive.” aPriori’s patent-protected cost management platform allows companies to assess, control, and reduce cost of goods sold by whole percentages. The aPriori Platform truly enables “Cost Knowledge Before it Matters.”
The firm anticipates huge staff growth for the remainder of 2006. The firm is presently looking to add Business Consultants. A business consultant (BC) is a key member in an implementation team that delivers the aPriori cost management platform to a customer and assists the customer, driving quantifiable value in their organization. BC’s are responsible for data gathering, training, configuring the solution, and helping drive system adoption. A key component of solution configuration is building virtual production environments (VPEs), which are models of a customer's manufacturing facilities. These VPEs allow customers to assess, control, and reduce their product costs from the beginning of and throughout product development cycles.
Implementations are typically short-term engagements lasting twelve weeks and require a combination of working at the customer facility and at aPriori's Concord office. 40 to 60% travel is required.
Additionally, BCs may help during the sales process in the delivery of aPriori strategic value assessments (aSVAs), which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout.
• Gathers factory and accounting data required to configure the solution and build customer VPEs. Educates customer on data requirements, helps customer project champion and project manager identify data providers, provides data gathering methodology and templates to customer, and supports the process.
• Models the customer's internal manufacturing facilities and those of its suppliers in aPriori.
• Trains customer users and administrators on the use of aPriori.
• Drives integration requirements with systems and processes.
• Develops a maintenance plan with customer to ensure data and solution are kept up-to-date.
• Advocates for additional requirements that are necessary or helpful for customers to successfully use and get benefit from aPriori, and works with Product Management to influence future releases.
• Works with customer to define how aPriori will fit into their costing process.
• Provides support to users to help drive use, find cost reductions in product designs, and overall adoption.
• Supports developing the results story to demonstrate solution ROI.
The aPriori cost management platform uses innovative, patent protected technologies, and is capable of using design information driven off of MCAD geometry. Additionally the ability to model production facilities (including machine capabilities, raw materials, and facility cost structure) and the specific cost accounting methodologies, accurate predictive, allow “forward looking” real time cost estimates.