aPriori Technologies to Hire Implementation Engineers for Cost Management Team
Concord, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/15/2006 --The aPriori cost management platform uses innovative, patent protected technologies, and is capable of using design information driven off of MCAD geometry. Additionally the ability to model production facilities (including machine capabilities, raw materials, and facility cost structure) and the specific cost accounting methodologies, accurate predictive, allow “forward looking” real time cost estimates.
The firm anticipates huge staff growth for the remainder of 2006. The firm is presently looking to add Implementation Engineers. An Implementation Engineer is a key member in an implementation team that delivers the aPriori cost management platform to a customer and assists the customer, driving quantifiable value in their organization. Implementation Engineers are responsible for data gathering, training, configuring the solution, and helping drive system adoption. A critical component of solution configuration is building virtual production environments (VPEs), which are models of a customer's manufacturing facilities. These VPEs allow customers to assess, control, and reduce its product costs from the beginning of and throughout product development cycles.
Implementations are typically short-term engagements lasting twelve weeks and require a combination of working at the customer facility and at aPriori's Concord office. 40 to 60% travel is required.
Additionally, Implementation Engineers may help during the sales process in the delivery of aPriori strategic value assessments (aSVAs), which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout.
• Gathers factory and accounting data required to configure solution and build customer VPEs. Educates customer on data requirements, helps customer project champion and project manager identify data providers, provides data gathering methodology and templates to customer, and supports the process.
• Models a customer's internal manufacturing facilities and those of its suppliers in aPriori.
• Trains users and administrators on the use of aPriori.
• Drives integration requirements with systems and processes.
• Develops a maintenance plan with customer to ensure data and solution are kept up-to-date.
• Advocates for additional requirements that are necessary or helpful for customers to successfully use and get benefit from aPriori, and works with Product Management to influence future releases.
• Works with customer to define how aPriori will fit into customers costing process.
• Provides support to users during initial use of the solution.
• Supports developing the results story to demonstrate solution ROI.
aPriori’s Cost Management Software Platform enables manufacturers to better understand product cost decisions early and throughout the product lifecycle. aPriori’s Cost Management Platform empowers manufacturers to lower cost-of-goods sold (COGS), provides real-time visibility to “cost-critical” decision information, and builds critical cost knowledge to go on the business “offensive.” aPriori’s patent-protected cost management platform allows companies to assess, control, and reduce cost of goods sold by whole percentages. The aPriori Platform truly enables “Cost Knowledge Before it Matters.”
“aPriori has customers in a variety of industries including High Technology, Industrial Equipment, Automotive, and Heavy Machinery. Recent customers include John Deere, Panasonic, Thomas & Betts, Flextronics, JLG, and Dana Corporation.”