Commence Industrial CRM Shares Recommended Ways to Gather Customer Information
Tinton Falls, NJ -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/29/2006 --In an effort to help industrial distributors and manufacturers thrive, Commence Corporation presents Practices That Pay: Leveraging Information to Achieve Industrial Selling Results, a compendium of smart practices from the leading industrial sales and marketing experts and organizations that are growing in today’s challenging environment.
According to Larry Caretsky, President of Commence Corporation (www.commence.com/mfg./) “Below is a list, based on research and interviews with smart industrial distributors and manufacturers; these are the recommended ways to gather customer information.
• Market surveys, conducted in person by your sales reps and/or management team, garner useful information and prove to customers that you are truly interested in their needs.
• Use focus groups of customers and prospects to explore needs and perceptions of your market.
• Create customer and/or distributor advisory boards.
• Create a Web site where customers can experiment with your products or services.
• Conduct regular tours of customers’ plants and warehouses with your management team to see how they use your products and services.
• Complete a series of day-in-the-life interviews, where the prospect shares with you all of their typical daily activities.
• Study purchasing best practices, as more industrial customers have professionalized purchasing and are rigorous in the methods they use against industrial distributor and manufacturer sales reps.
• Telephone, mail, and Internet surveys
• Hiring third parties to interview customers and prospects after big sales efforts, even if you didn’t win the business.
Commence offers industrial companies complete “Freedom Of Choice” to select the solutions and platform that best meets the business requirements of manufacturers and distributors. The comprehensive CRM Industrial application suite is available for use on premise or on-demand as a hosted service. Industrial leaders often build departmental CRM solutions with the award winning Commence Industrial CRM Framework. These choices are why so many industrial companies choose Commence as the solution for managing customer relationships. All Commence Industrial solutions support mobile or wireless connectivity and integration to back-office accounting and ERP systems.